Max bucket size on a Bx25D?

/ Max bucket size on a Bx25D? #1  

TemporaryKubotaOwnerMark

Veteran Member
Tractor
Gone
Yeah, I just got it and I'm already trying to break it. :D

I have the 12" bucket on it, but I'm working on a drainage project and I need to dig an 18" trench 18" deep. Is there an 18" bucket available for the BX25? And will it handle it without beating the backhoe to death, digging in mostly heavy clay?

If so, where would I find such a beast?

/ Max bucket size on a Bx25D? #2  
Check out this thread - maybe of interest to you:
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-owning-operating/328730-18-bx25-backhoe-bucket.html

If you got a set of mounting ear you really could just get any used mini EX bucket and change out the mount.

Also seem to recall you can use the DR buckets, just need a set of pins if I recall (think I have a set of the pins over at the shop)
There buckets are fairly cheap (as buckets go) so not a big investment

The BX is not the strongest backhoe in the world but does good for its size - using a bigger bucket in soft material should work. Just won't dig stumps or anything like that with it due to the width it may tweek the arm (Side forces sort of twisting)

Last edited:
   / Max bucket size on a Bx25D?
Thanks for the feedback. That is exactly what I needed to know! :thumbsup:

My drainage project won't give me the time to do that myself, though. It involves a neighbors property and he has set a deadline for completion, for good reasons of his own.

Still, once I get past the first part where his deadline matters, I'll still have about 400' of 18" trench to dig, so maybe....

I see DR has a 16" for only $200. You say they will mount up with just some new pins?

/ Max bucket size on a Bx25D? #6  
Thanks for the feedback. That is exactly what I needed to know! :thumbsup: My drainage project won't give me the time to do that myself, though. It involves a neighbors property and he has set a deadline for completion, for good reasons of his own. Still, once I get past the first part where his deadline matters, I'll still have about 400' of 18" trench to dig, so maybe.... I see DR has a 16" for only $200. You say they will mount up with just some new pins?
I've built several different size buckets for the bx25's for people just be sure the hole spacing an distance is the same. Otherwise if the pin distance is off too much you'll run the bucket into the boom when curling it

/ Max bucket size on a Bx25D? #7  
image-3497565910.jpg

16" on the left an a 18" on its right. The little bx's handle them surprisingly well.

/ Max bucket size on a Bx25D? #8  
That question greatly depends on the soil conditions. In good deep top soil free of roots it will probably do find with a 24". Where I live it is about 90 percent rock and a 12" will be all it wants.

Thanks, all. Those links are great!

I think for this project I'm going to have to pass on the various options. I don't have time to build one, and by the time I could get the DR, I'll have the project finished. I'm going to keep that in mind for some future projects, though.

Thanks again!

Well, change of plans. Based on the info in Code54's thread, and after talking to DR about delivery times, I ordered the DR 16" bucket.

I'll have to go ahead with part of my project using the existing 12" bucket, but the 16" will arrive in time for a very big part of it, and should save me a ton of time.

Thanks again for all the valuable input! :drink: