Going in reverse?

/ Going in reverse? #21  
Get lost troll. Your kind isn't welcome here.

By saying something so (what I thought) outrageous silly, I really didn't expect anyone to take it serious. It was meant to make you smile like it did me. Certainly not make you angry. So to you I'm sorry.

/ Going in reverse? #22  
dwitt, the thing you may only now understand, is that, anybody reading your post may not recognize it as "outrageous silly". Best to keep suggestions factual, identity them as a not-serious suggestion or just continue to monitor this site.

/ Going in reverse? #23  
Text is a poor medium for emotions & sarcasm. Especially with newbies around here who don't have experience to know something like that will destroy their machine. Emoji can help, but not enough.

As a community we need to make sure we are supporting each other. Handing out "advice" that can cause an ignorant person thousands of dollars of damage completely goes against what TBN is all about.

Thankfully ignorance isnt a chronic condition & can be remedied. I was ignorant about tractor stuff a few years back, but daily applications of TBN wisdom has fixed (most of) that. Stupid on the other hand... there is no cure for stupid except death.

/ Going in reverse? #24  
FWIW, I double checked my manual and the only warning about diff is not to use when one tire is spinning and the other isn't.

/ Going in reverse? #25  
Yes, my manual says the same thing. It goes on to say that engagement with one wheel spinning may damage the differential. I've used the diffy lock several times - both forward & reverse. Usually in snow/icy conditions. I just push in the clutch, let everything come to a stop, step on the engagement lever and let out the clutch.

/ Going in reverse? #26  
Yes, my manual says the same thing. It goes on to say that engagement with one wheel spinning may damage the differential. I've used the diffy lock several times - both forward & reverse. Usually in snow/icy conditions. I just push in the clutch, let everything come to a stop, step on the engagement lever and let out the clutch.

I usually stomp on mine when I'm on firm ground before I hit the slippery looking bit. No reason to loose momentum by stopping.

/ Going in reverse?
Thank you for all the replies. I have a better mindset about how to use the locking differential now. I sure don't want to tear anything up. Kubota Insurance would be very upset with me...:thumbsup:

/ Going in reverse?
"I usually stomp on mine when I'm on firm ground before I hit the slippery looking bit. No reason to loose momentum by stopping."

I have never thought about doing this when approaching the slippery stuff. :thumbsup:

/ Going in reverse? #29  
"I usually stomp on mine when I'm on firm ground before I hit the slippery looking bit. No reason to loose momentum by stopping."

I have never thought about doing this when approaching the slippery stuff.
Just make sure things arent slipping. The only downside with this method is you dont have an extra tool to get unstuck if/when you do actually get stuck. So you can get yourself really stuck. I often use the method when plowing snow or box blading, as getting unstuck is as simple as lifting the blade.

/ Going in reverse? #30  
... and remember - you're split brakes are not a steering option as long as the diff-locker is engaged.
-Jim