RTV Windshield Suggestions

/ RTV Windshield Suggestions #1  

kubotacres

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L3560 HST
I wanted to get opinions on those who have windshields on their RTV especially the 500 since I'm looking at purchasing one. I would really prefer the fold up however I'm worried about vibration and cracking at the hinges. The only other options are the two piece windshield which come with or without the bottom vent. I just don't know whether the vent will allow enough flow for these humid Louisiana summer days. I guess I could take off the top piece during the summer but the fold up would be less hassle. Anybody have feedback on either of these windshields.Also glass is out of question.

Thanks

/ RTV Windshield Suggestions #2  
I went with the two pieces because it's the only one that is glass, I believe all other options are plastic. I was afraid that they would get scratched quickly. I remove the lower piece and leave it off all summer. It depends on what roof you use also as which windshield can be used.

/ RTV Windshield Suggestions #3  
I have the glass windshield, with the lower piece off, a lot of air comes through...

SR

/ RTV Windshield Suggestions
I went with the two pieces because it's the only one that is glass, I believe all other options are plastic. I was afraid that they would get scratched quickly. I remove the lower piece and leave it off all summer. It depends on what roof you use also as which windshield can be used.
The two piece with or without the vent is lexan. With the optional coating it's supposed to be scratchless.

/ RTV Windshield Suggestions #5  
I have the 2 piece lexan with vent for 2 yrs , It does scratch if your in the woods a lot but other wise pretty durable , they get dusty quick so I rinse it well before I apply any cleaner to it. I typically take it off I the summer but It really helps in the winter to block the cold wind.

I have the 2 piece lexan with vent for 2 yrs , It does scratch if your in the woods a lot but other wise pretty durable , they get dusty quick so I rinse it well before I apply any cleaner to it. I typically take it off I the summer but It really helps in the winter to block the cold wind.
If you had to do over again would you buy with the vents?

/ RTV Windshield Suggestions #7  
I have the vent in mine , Its a necessity where today its 75 and tomorrow will be in the 30's , on warmer days I slide the vent open to allow a little more air movement , I would not want one without the vent IMO

I have the vent in mine , Its a necessity where today its 75 and tomorrow will be in the 30's , on warmer days I slide the vent open to allow a little more air movement , I would not want one without the vent IMO
I know the feeling, that's exactly how it is here. I think I'll go ahead and order one with the vents.

/ RTV Windshield Suggestions #9  
We have an RTV500 with the glass windshield and the removable lower section. There is a lot of air that comes through the lower section (too much this time of year :D ).

Aaron Z

/ RTV Windshield Suggestions #10  
We have a glass one with removable plastic,not sure if it is Leaxan or not. Removed,a lot of air moves through. Ordered a windshield wiper from Messicks,and can't drill through it.