RTV Windshield Suggestions

/ RTV Windshield Suggestions #11  
Whatever you decide as far as configuration, get the glass windshield. Plastic of any kind scratches easily and becomes dangerous to drive against the suns glare when scratched. My RTV 900 has swing out latches at the bottom that allow a bit of air to come thru during summer. I don't find that I even need to flip out the latches for the most part, wind comes around the glass enough to stay pretty cool.
I have been contemplating removing the fan from the roof of my golf cart and putting it in the Kubota since we rarely use the golf cart now.

/ RTV Windshield Suggestions
I ordered the lexan windshield with the lower vents. Im sure it will fit my needs. I'll post pics after the install.

/ RTV Windshield Suggestions #13  
Please do, always enjoy seeing what others add to their machines!!! :)

/ RTV Windshield Suggestions #14  
i just ordered and installed a plastic one on my RTV900...very happy with it. got it from "side by side"..

i just ordered and installed a plastic one on my RTV900...very happy with it. got it from "side by side"..
Mine is showing delivery for Friday. Just in time for this 22 degree weather.

/ RTV Windshield Suggestions #16  
I had a plastic one on my RTV900, did the job until the scratches became unbearable. I then went to a glass windshield from Kubota, little pricey, but worth it.

/ RTV Windshield Suggestions #17  
I measured for my RTV1140 for a fairly thick under $50 plexiglas 6 years ago. Drilled holes on sides and zip tied it on. Still about as clear as when I installed it and my RTV stays outside most of the time. I don't drive thru woods where limbs can scratch it but may be doing that in the near future. I've planned on drilling thru/across the center and installing a couple hinges and then cutting it in half so I can drop the top half in the summer. Recently saw one on a RTv at Barlows that had the glass with vent opening across the bottom. Really liked it till he told me the price so I'm sticking with my plexiglas one piece until I do one day cut it in half so I can drop the top half.
I'd like to see where and how much a Lexan or maybe even glass one is available that the upper half drops down. Post links please.

I measured for my RTV1140 for a fairly thick under $50 plexiglas 6 years ago. Drilled holes on sides and zip tied it on. Still about as clear as when I installed it and my RTV stays outside most of the time. I don't drive thru woods where limbs can scratch it but may be doing that in the near future. I've planned on drilling thru/across the center and installing a couple hinges and then cutting it in half so I can drop the top half in the summer. Recently saw one on a RTv at Barlows that had the glass with vent opening across the bottom. Really liked it till he told me the price so I'm sticking with my plexiglas one piece until I do one day cut it in half so I can drop the top half.
I'd like to see where and how much a Lexan or maybe even glass one is available that the upper half drops down. Post links please.
I paid $279 for mine. Two piece lexan with the vents in the bottom. I looked at the folding windshield and saw a lot of posts concerning the hinges breaking. The windshield is scheduled for delivery today and ill be sure to post pics.I have to install the new winch I got Christmas as well. I can't wait!

View attachment 494127
I call it a very productive day. Even with the sleet/snow and 20+ deg weather I managed to get the winch and windshield installed. This windshield has a hard layer on top of the lexan that is supposed to be abrasive resistant. Overall I'm impressed and it made a huge difference riding in this cold weather.

/ RTV Windshield Suggestions #20  
If you said exactly which manufacturer you bought from, I can't find it. Care to share?