Gonna put a mid mower deck on my older BX

/ Gonna put a mid mower deck on my older BX #41  
His tractor should have all the underbelly parts needed. Just the deck and front bracket should be all that is needed. Great write-up on your post JWR.....

/ Gonna put a mid mower deck on my older BX
JWR thanks for the write up. Good stuff there. Yes, the unit has everything except the deck, the PTO shaft and the two brackets that make up the front system. I will mow with my front brush guard on so I believe there's no interference in that regard. I do dread getting that PTO shaft into position, but hopefully? It's only once a year and I can always send the nephew under there to do it, LOL. His arms are much longer than mine anyhow.

The loader used as a tractor lift is no problem, but once installed in spring, I don't foresee any reason to remove it until autumn. That "on and off" thing is why I've never had a MMM until now. The tractors had to be tractors and go into the woods for firewood and saw log retrieval. Plus, they had to work the soil and dig potatoes and haul fence posts, and move chicken tractor pens, etc.

12038260_10206089287406135_2824892887179987391_n.jpg12038245_10206089287326133_805538199642413914_n.jpg

Now, the getting of firewood is too hard physically as well so I'm calling it a day on that and we've tilled the market garden ground smooth and seeded it with winter rye.

Once I get the deck on in spring, I'll not mow with the loader on. It's a cinch to take on and off. That's a 5 minute, easy task. Also easy to re-stall if I want to use the loader.

/ Gonna put a mid mower deck on my older BX #43  
BP, There is a bracket that hooks on to the mower then you roll it up to hooks on the frame. You should have the arms already on the underbelly. PM me your e-mail and I will send you pic's of the deck and bracket......JB.

/ Gonna put a mid mower deck on my older BX
The arms are under the tractor. The come from assembly in GA that way.
PM sent

/ Gonna put a mid mower deck on my older BX #45  
If BP turns it down, holler at Old Red.....

Old Red, I know where there's a 60" and possibly a 54", and a lot closer than Michigan.

Just read that you already have a mower, you'll like it and it's not hard for this 70 some year old man to slide it under and hook it up if it's on asphalt or concrete.

/ Gonna put a mid mower deck on my older BX #46  
Old Red, I know where there's a 60" and possibly a 54", and a lot closer than Michigan.

Just read that you already have a mower, you'll like it and it's not hard for this 70 some year old man to slide it under and hook it up if it's on asphalt or concrete.

Hit me up Mikman about where the deck is....I'm in Kentucky as well.

/ Gonna put a mid mower deck on my older BX #48  
The arms are under the tractor. The come from assembly in GA that way.
PM sent

BP, did you get a mower deck for your BX. I am in Gaylord and might have one that came off of a BX2230. Let me know. Jon

/ Gonna put a mid mower deck on my older BX #49  

Like I've said, get some three-wheeled cup dollies for under the deck anti-scalp wheels, and roll the deck in/out from under the tractor with one hand.

/ Gonna put a mid mower deck on my older BX #50  
Many of you on this thread have a lot of experience in mowing with the BX series. I am thinking of putting a mmm on my BX23. I have a simple question that I have not been able to find the answer to. I mow about 5 acres of rolling ground. Do you mow in high range or low speed range? I know this is a basic question but I tried using my 72" landpride finish mower behind my BX23 and it was too much mower for the tractor even in the low speed range so I only use it behind my Allis 5040 now. Also would you happen to know if there is much power difference requirement between a 54" and 60" deck?
Thank you,
AMetcalf