Gonna put a mid mower deck on my older BX

/ Gonna put a mid mower deck on my older BX #1  

bp fick

Tractor
John Deere X390
Was out pushing away the 5" inches of white stuff this morning and realized how much I still enjoy my BX2360. It is such a sweet tractor, has minimal hours and has been garage kept. Spotless. So, I've been giving some thought to just going ahead and adding the MMM. With the past three Kubotas, mowing was not a part of their normal assignment. I had a nice finishing mower for the 3 pt, and the old Craftsman rider has lasted longer than I ever dreamed. Since the tractors always had to be in ready mode for the market garden work and/or fire wood, this "system" worked out best. Now I'm older and the fields were worked smooth this fall and winter rye seeded. I'll be top seeding them to a grass mixture in spring.
Lots more grass mowing and zero garden dirt work. It's a fair trade.

So, now it's time. I would much rather have my self in the BX's seat than on any cheap lawn mower. So, I'm shopping 54" decks. RCK54-23BX decks. I'll need the drive shaft and front brackets too, but it seems most sell the unit complete with those pieces. $1600-$1800 seems a common price range.

Most dealers seem to have a unit left from the BX 60-70 series days and I wouldn't be surprised if the standard deck for the 80 series remains the same.

Any thoughts or inputs from anyone, I'd be much obliged. Never had an MMM on any of my Kubota's before.

/ Gonna put a mid mower deck on my older BX #2  
Hi bp
It's good to hear from from you. Sorry to hear that you will not be gardening next season.

My 2009 BX2660 had a 60 inch MMM. It worked like a charm, especially when compared to my 30 year old Case garden tractor/mower. It nearly cut my mowing time in half.....and was a lot more comfortable with the power steering.

If you can leave the MMM mounted as you use the Kubota for other chores (attachments) it'll save you some time and grief.

Cheers,
Mike

/ Gonna put a mid mower deck on my older BX
Hi bp
It's good to hear from from you. Sorry to hear that you will not be gardening next season.

My 2009 BX2660 had a 60 inch MMM. It worked like a charm, especially when compared to my 30 year old Case garden tractor/mower. It nearly cut my mowing time in half.....and was a lot more comfortable with the power steering.

If you can leave the MMM mounted as you use the Kubota for other chores (attachments) it'll save you some time and grief.

Cheers,
Mike

Thanks Mike. Vegetable farming is brutal hard work. The time has come. It's all good. I agree that the ride, seat, power steering all add up to make the Kubota a superior experience, for me, than bouncing around on a typical riding mower. It just makes sense. Yes, I believe I can put the deck on in spring, do work with firewood, etc, but leave the deck on until fall. Gotta come off at point and the front QC and snow blade goes on. I think the plan seems reasonable.

Does anyone know about these different decks and their fitment to the various BX's by series? Had Jerry, a fellow TBNer, offer me his new 60" off a BX25. Any insight on whether the mounting for the BX2360 is compatible to the BX25, that'd be great information.

/ Gonna put a mid mower deck on my older BX #4  
Hi bp

Cheers,
Mike

Why? Is it a real pain to take on and off? I had considered buying one as well even tho I have a dandy front mount diesel grasshopper mower. Just thought "why not" since I have everything else and maybe the kid could assist in mowing. But it's primary use is a tractor and if it is a pain to take on and off I will prolly forgo this idea unless I get a good deal on one.

Old Red There are a good number of YouTube videos which show regular folks mounting and dismounting the deck. Some folks make it look very easy while others seem to struggle a bit. It's pretty relative I guess as to perceived degree of difficulty. I won't be doing the change out very often so I think I can handle it. The ugly part is the PTO attachment. I may have to have someone help me up off the shop floor. Getting down is hard, but getting back up is even harder. :)

/ Gonna put a mid mower deck on my older BX #7  
Why? Is it a real pain to take on and off? I had considered buying one as well even tho I have a dandy front mount diesel grasshopper mower. Just thought "why not" since I have everything else and maybe the kid could assist in mowing. But it's primary use is a tractor and if it is a pain to take on and off I will prolly forgo this idea unless I get a good deal on one.

Why on earth would you want a MMM when you have the Cadillac of lawn mowers.

No problem

This would appear to agree that the compatibility with a BX25 and the BX2360 is fine. My only concern was/is the absurd number of BX25 variants that exist.

mid mower BX.jpeg

Last edited:
   / Gonna put a mid mower deck on my older BX #9  
The deck is a RCKB23BX 59768 60"side discharge. BP.

/ Gonna put a mid mower deck on my older BX #10  
Why on earth would you want a MMM when you have the Cadillac of lawn mowers.

I really don't have a good answer for that LOL. Get the kid out there mowing at same time is about the best I can do lol.

I'm not chomping at the bit to do it, but if I can find one used and relatively inexpensive and make the lil BX more complete, I probably will.