Kubota customer support - is there such thing?

/ Kubota customer support - is there such thing?
Well, so far my Kubota dealer has gone out of his way to accomodate me. He came and picked up my RTV and did all of the recalls on it and returned it to me. He now has picked up my L5030HSTC tractor to have it there on Monday when the Kubota service reps are supposed to be there to work on it.

On the RTV, after the dealer doing all of the updates, I noticed that there is a black "spark arrestor" on the end of the exhaust. Anybody think there would be any real problems if that part happened to fall off? I think it looks ugly, and on a diesel seems destined to clog. Any thoughts?

/ Kubota customer support - is there such thing? #22  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">(
On the RTV, after the dealer doing all of the updates, I noticed that there is a black "spark arrestor" on the end of the exhaust. Anybody think there would be any real problems if that part happened to fall off? I think it looks ugly, and on a diesel seems destined to clog. Any thoughts? )</font>

My opinion which is worth nothing would be to take it off and clean it, if it caused a problem. My luck would be I would burn the barn down than have to listen to "that's why they call it a spark arrestor" for the rest of my life. Food for thought /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif.By the way I see plenty of sparks in the night coming out of some diesels

/ Kubota customer support - is there such thing? #23  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I think it looks ugly, and on a diesel seems destined to clog. Any thoughts? )</font>

Brent,

The cleaning of the spark arrestor is an added item to be done with each 50 hour maintenance.

Brian

Just a quick update. My Kubota dealer still has my L5030HSTC and has been working on it this week. I don't know what all they have done, but they have had me out to test drive it a couple of times. Once, the hydro pedel was not too sensitive, but it was too hard; it also took several seconds to return to the "neutral" position. I was concerned that having it that tight could possibly cause problems because it wouldn't necessarily stop when you let off of the pedel.

At least they are working with me on it. I didn't realize that it would be something complicated to fix. I drove another new tractor on the lot and it didn't have the problem. Oh well, they are working on it and I just thought I'd post an update saying that Kubota is working at fixing the problem. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

How long would you expect for the loader to leak down from about 3 feet high with about 400 pounds in it? After I finally got my tractor back from having the hydro pedel problems (during which they added a top and tilt) my bucket now will leak down from about 3 feet high with 400 pounds in it in about 5 seconds. The "tilt" part of the top and tilt will leak that side down with only a bush hog on it in about 2 minutes. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Needless to say, I can't use the bush hog with one side of it constantly dropping to the ground.

Anyone have any clues to what got screwed up with my tractor when they added the top and tilt? My bucket (empty) would leak down about an inch or so over night before. Now empty you can literally watch it go down. Did I screw up by getting a top and tilt, or are these problems not normal? I really like the control ability it seems like it will have if it would work. Man, this is frustrating! I'd like to be able to use my tractor before it gets out of warranty. And now I probably have literally days, instead of hours, tied up in hauling this thing back and forth to the dealer. The dealer no longer comes and picks it up. I think it was taking too much of their time to constantly haul this thing back and forth. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I thought I'd post a final on this particular problem. The dealer delivered my tractor back to me yesterday. (This thread reminded me of how much time has passed, and I'm not overly thrilled with losing that much use - fortunately I was able to go get it to use during the huge snow we had on the 23rd and take it back on the 27th) I don't know what all they did because I wasn't here when they brought it back. However, since the hydro leak down was so bad before that I could literally watch the bucked go down, I can tell it is better. Most noticably though is the huge difference in the hydro sound. The tractor is considerably quieter now and the tractor feels totally different to drive. I have my fingers crossed that this has fixed my problems with the tractor. I've been having dreams of green lately. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif