Kubota customer support - is there such thing?

/ Kubota customer support - is there such thing? #11  
I do admit, I am probably a bit too defensive of them because in all honesty their support is FAR better than we recieve from any other company. I would contend that the reason you can't get a factory rep out is because they ARE still a small company compared to the likes of New Holland and Deere. There is not nearly the corporate beauracy that exists at these other companies. They do not have regional service reps, rather service centers setup to help mechanics from your local dealership. If your having problems with one dealer, try another. I do know some of the problems with the RTV are still unresolved, but its also not been on the market for not quite a year and they have been very good about addressing and covering under warrenty the things that have come up.

Frankly, nothing thats come up in this thread is a serious service issue where the manufacturer really needs to be involved. If you have major performance problems, a bad transmission and those kind of things you would get far more attention than some of the less serious issues that have been talked about.

/ Kubota customer support - is there such thing? #12  
I know by Experience that the regional Reps. will not call You back sometimes.

This was after I was told by him on the phone if nothing happened by a certain date to call , leave a message and He would call me & the Dealer back.
He did neither, I left messages for Him as the Dealer did.

No Response. Which told me even He could not deliver on what He had promised to do.

I ended up having to call the Regional Parts Manager to get the job done.

/ Kubota customer support - is there such thing?
Well, the latest is that my dealer called me Saturday afternoon and very politely promised me that he would spend as much time as it takes on Monday to get someone at Kubota to either tell him how to repair my tractor or replace it. Even though it is not in the contract as part of the service, he even offered to come and pick up my tractor and deliver it when it is repaired. He also said the same thing about fixing my RTV.

I don't know if he was taking the heat for Kubota, or if the heat belonged on him. Either way, at least it seems like I may have the ball rolling now. I explained to him that all I want is for the equipment to function and operate as advertised. If anyone is curious as to how it comes out, let me know and I'll post follow ups on the Kubota customer support issue.

/ Kubota customer support - is there such thing? #14  
Of course we expect follow ups to let us know how it works out.

/ Kubota customer support - is there such thing? #15  
I know for a fact that Kubota Factory Reps read this board on a regular basis. They don't ever post. I learned this in a conversation with a high level Kubota Factory Rep. Possibly this post has had the desired effect.

/ Kubota customer support - is there such thing? #16  
I am a new kubota owner after 4 JD tractors. I have so far found one thing I would change on my L5030. Sounds like if they would listen to customers they would have the best tractor, know one elese seems to listen either. I use alot of 3 point equipment. The lever to lower is so far down to the floor you can not see behind at a box blade to see the depth you need with out stopping. I am just venting. I had surgery on my shoulder and can not do a darn thing for now. things to do and I can't.

/ Kubota customer support - is there such thing? #17  
Sure am sorry to hear about the problems you are having. It would upset me also. For what it is worth I got very good support from the regional Kubota office in my area. I had a problem not once but twice with the ROPS, in my case a FOPS, on my tractor where a part broke on the front posts. I contacted Kubota mostly to let them know of a potential safety problem and even with the tractor well out of warranty they replaced the parts both times. Now I do suspect that in my case the liability issue of defective safety equipment created a prompt supportive response. Also after the second failure the part was redesigned so I suspect I was not the only case of failure.

MarkV

/ Kubota customer support - is there such thing? #18  
Call Tom Seiper - Kubota Corp product Manager
310-370-3370 extension 1844

Tom helped me when both of my rear axles seals were seeping. He refered me to the local dealer (I did not buy the tractor from them). The dealer fixed the problem under warranty in 1 day.

I was VERY satisfied.

/ Kubota customer support - is there such thing?
RockyMnt1, thank you for your information. Fortunately, as of now, Kubota is to come pick up my tractor on Saturday and the Kubota factory reps are to work on my tractor at my local dealership next Monday. I've waited 4 months, what's one more week. I've had more response from them in the last 3 days than the last 3 months. To me, that is a good thing. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Kubota customer support - is there such thing? #20  
I sure do sympathize with you on the shoulder thing, had my surgery last March, still hurts like the dickens, and any movement just aggravates it. Wife says I do a lot of venting too. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif