39.5 KB · Views: 720
  • d10down2[1].jpg
    d10down2[1].jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 675
  • d10down3[1].jpg
    d10down3[1].jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 649
   / The bigger they are... #2  
YIKES...now there right there would spoil day plus give a new meaning to pucker power.

/ The bigger they are... #3  
I'll bet he's looking for another job... I wonder what was going through his head when he went over the edge??

/ The bigger they are... #4  
What a drop! Impressive indeed. It's hard to believe that it didn't flip forward crushing the cabin like a bug.

/ The bigger they are... #5  
I'd imagine that under the rippers there is at least a 70 to 90 ton winch so chances are good for self recovery.....His underwear are probably beyond recovery however.:D

/ The bigger they are... #6  
no winch on that either pick it back up over with a crane or a better choice would be to bring another machine up from the bottom and pick the blade and front end up so it could be started the drive it straight down over

/ The bigger they are... #7  
From the pictures I would guess some of the rock ledge broke away unexpectedly.

/ The bigger they are... #8  
alchemysa said:
I loved reading about the big iron on the site below. But these pics are especially breathtaking...

VanNatta Bulldozers, Crawler Dozers
That is an awesome web site! I can't believe they took the time to document all their cool tools. Usually when I express interest in big iron like this, the operator doesn't think it is any big deal. These guys clearly love their tools and find them as fascinating as I do.

/ The bigger they are...
lopezian said:
That is an awesome web site! I can't believe they took the time to document all their cool tools. Usually when I express interest in big iron like this, the operator doesn't think it is any big deal. These guys clearly love their tools and find them as fascinating as I do.

I love looking at this stuff too. I've seen some really old retired logging dozers and trucks close-up. Fascinating and scary at the same time. Very heavy duty but they look amazingly dangerous. Hardly any safety considerations at all. Winches, cables, and huge swinging bits of metal here and there with few protective guards. A half dozen places to stick an arm or leg - and lose it. And the seats were just flat sheets of steel plate. (BYO cushion.)