The bigger they are...

/ The bigger they are... #11  
Dirthog said:
no winch on that either pick it back up over with a crane or a better choice would be to bring another machine up from the bottom and pick the blade and front end up so it could be started the drive it straight down over

Seriously??? What kind of crane has that kind of capacity from that far back and (2), is it even possible to bring another machine up from the bottom? It looks to be almost a sheer 75 degree drop.

/ The bigger they are... #12  
A lot of times what they would do is bring a large drag line and remove the bucket then sling the dozer to the hoist cable and pick it right out of there have saw it done a couple of times Another dozer the same size and a couple of hours you could be right up to it then just get the blade picked up a little and slide it down hill until you could get it up enough to start. In loose rock like that it would slid easy have done that myself a couple of times with machines that were broke down in places almost as bad

/ The bigger they are... #13  
Pick it up. My brother works for a crane rental company and they have a crane that will lift 500,000 LBS. here is a picture of a off road truck the driver drove into the Detroit river. He took this picyure for me.

Attachments

• PC020065_edited.JPG
    PC020065_edited.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 219
   / The bigger they are... #14  
"I'll bet he's looking for another job... I wonder what was going through his head when he went over the edge?? '

Forget about what went through his head.
I'm sure something went through his pants though. I'm sure he saw his entire life flash before him.

/ The bigger they are... #15  
Wouldn't make any difference if he had two winches on that cat. Engine would not be able to run more that a minute or two. No oil at the pump pickup. Back in the 1950s, in Kansas City, my old man had a wrecker that would have been able to recover that one.

ron

/ The bigger they are... #16  
Raddad said:
Pick it up. My brother works for a crane rental company and they have a crane that will lift 500,000 LBS. here is a picture of a off road truck the driver drove into the Detroit river. He took this picyure for me.

Who does he work for....Allingham?

Rouge Steel looks pretty good in that picture. The buildings across the river are actually red, not rust.....;

/ The bigger they are... #17  
JJ Curran