New EVEN FRESHER LS J info than the First Fresh Info Thread.

/ New EVEN FRESHER LS J info than the First Fresh Info Thread. #21  
I don't disagree that the price is very important. In this case there is a big difference between the 2 dealers in my opinion. NH dealer has been in business selling NH for decades. The LS dealer has been a used equipment seller picking stuff from auctions and LS is their first new equipment they have carried for tractors. My confidence that they would even be an LS dealer the length of the warranty was not very high. The next closest dealer in our area was a long distance away and that has a cost. Different strokes for different folks, but I think a good dealer is a very important consideration.

Okay, but was it an HST or gear? Did they throw in a remote, work light, etc for that price?

For some reason, any time I've asked those sorts of questions, people don't want to answer...go figure :) I'm guessing it's because they don't like admitting that they paid 25-50% more for nothing more than the potential of better service, and support over time.

There's certainly some value in the dealer, but if an LS dealer goes away, you can still get parts from any other NH or LS dealer, and NH dealers have said they'd do warrant work on an LS if it was approved by LS, so you're not really losing much of anything if there's an established NH dealer around. My closest NH dealer was over 90mi away, but I wouldn't have spent the extra $8500 to get a Boomer 50 over my R4047H anyway....that's a crazy markup of 40% for the identical machine.

/ New EVEN FRESHER LS J info than the First Fresh Info Thread. #22  
I went back and checked. My price was actually 16900, and its a gear trans. I think the 17500 was where he quoted, now that I think about it. I did get the work light, loaded tires, and 60" SSQA bucket. I'm not trying to get in an argument over this, just passing along to the OP what my impressions were on the EXACT same dealers he's working with. In my case, there isn't an equivalent to the 30 in the LS line. the R3039 is closer to the 35, which was more than I needed, and the quotes price on that from the LS dealer was 19K and change plus delivery, and he wouldn't move much. I got it down to 18800, so still no deal. So in my neck of the woods, the boomer was the better deal, although not an apples to apples tractor, the boomer better fit my needs. The J series is a different animal, so I can't really speak to much of it.

Don't get me wrong, most of my friends would call me a cheap skate, and I do a lot of searching for a good deal. I have to look at the whole package, and service is part of that package. I just think its silly not to take a good hard look at what that service will be.

/ New EVEN FRESHER LS J info than the First Fresh Info Thread. #23  
Nothing wrong with being a "cheap skate", man. I think it's pretty much a "human" condition, we all want as much as we can get for what we pay.

/ New EVEN FRESHER LS J info than the First Fresh Info Thread. #24  
I went back and checked. My price was actually 16900, and its a gear trans. I think the 17500 was where he quoted, now that I think about it. I did get the work light, loaded tires, and 60" SSQA bucket. I'm not trying to get in an argument over this, just passing along to the OP what my impressions were on the EXACT same dealers he's working with. In my case, there isn't an equivalent to the 30 in the LS line. the R3039 is closer to the 35, which was more than I needed, and the quotes price on that from the LS dealer was 19K and change plus delivery, and he wouldn't move much. I got it down to 18800, so still no deal. So in my neck of the woods, the boomer was the better deal, although not an apples to apples tractor, the boomer better fit my needs. The J series is a different animal, so I can't really speak to much of it.

Don't get me wrong, most of my friends would call me a cheap skate, and I do a lot of searching for a good deal. I have to look at the whole package, and service is part of that package. I just think its silly not to take a good hard look at what that service will be.

You are exactly right, the boomer 35 and the LS3039 are pretty much the same.

/ New EVEN FRESHER LS J info than the First Fresh Info Thread. #25  
What happened to the loquacious op?

/ New EVEN FRESHER LS J info than the First Fresh Info Thread.
What happened to the loquacious op?

A 22 Year old Died in my front lawn after hitting a tree. I have not been up to posting lately. The experience,,,, has had an impact on me.

I was just reading over the posts since my last one, and just so yall know. I was just providing information on the J concerning swapping out implements. I only brought the Boomer 25 into it because the only information available to WOODS at this time is for the Boomer. Since the two are the same tractor, the information is somewhat interchangeable. But obviously not completely.

It's looking like the J in TLB form, with 60" MMM, Tooth bar, Mechanical Thumb, Block heater, extra rear remote valve, extra lights, a Box blade, Tiller and Brush Hog is going to come in somewhere between 26-27k. In my opinion, not a bad price for all that KIT. This is very close to the price the NH dealer quoted me for the boomer 25 in TLB form with 60" MMM. None of the extras.

The problem remains how easy / not easy it will be to swap between BH and MMM. Paige Equipment has been great to deal with.

Yesterday, I decided to once more go take another look at the B2920. There are some things that Kubota does very well. But after having spent yet another hour with the dealer, I remembered why I decided against Kubota in the first place. The things Kubota does wrong on the B, the do very wrong. Don't get me wrong, I am certain the B is an overall very solid machine. I just can't get around some of the design aspects. They are as much a killer this time around as they were the first time. Turns out, the dealer and I have connections through mutual friends AND Relatives. That was a bit of a bonus. But the fact of the matter is, for a guy that claims to have been selling tractors for 30 years, he knows less then I do about the tractor he would like to sell me. I don't care if its my own Pappy. That kind of business turns me off. And although some dealers are worse then others, seems to me that in central NY, every single dealer I have talked to "Wings" certain things that they don't know, instead of just saying "I am sorry, I don't know that". I had mentioned that they same dealer at the farm show told me that the back tires had to come off the B in order to take some bracket off to mount the MMM. (If the tractor is equipped with a BH). He AND THE KUBOTA REP at the farm show said the same thing. Come to find out, that is not at all the case. The dealer still does not know exactly how everything works, but he confirms that his previous statement was in error.

Sigh,,, Whatever.

In the size tractor that I am looking for, the LS J looks like it is MOST in line with what I want. But it does not come without drawbacks. Depending on how the swap demonstration goes, I may be back with my original plan. The GC1710. But, I'll post again once we have crossed that bridge.

/ New EVEN FRESHER LS J info than the First Fresh Info Thread. #27  
In my case, there isn't an equivalent to the 30 in the LS line. the R3039 is closer to the 35, which was more than I needed, and the quotes price on that from the LS dealer was 19K and change plus delivery, and he wouldn't move much. I got it down to 18800, so still no deal. So in my neck of the woods, the boomer was the better deal, although not an apples to apples tractor, the boomer better fit my needs.

Actually, the LS S3010 is the same machine as the Boomer 30. There are also two models in between the S3010 and the R3039, which are the G3033 and G3038 (33and 38hp respectively). The local dealer here is selling the G3038 gear for a tiny bit under $15k, and it's a lot more capable than the S3010.

I'm just surprised when someone wouldn't want 5hp more, greater lifting capacity, in the same footprint, for $2 k or so less. That's like tastes great and less filling :drink:

Just so nobody thinks I'm making the numbers up:
LS 3033 Tractor Loader compact

/ New EVEN FRESHER LS J info than the First Fresh Info Thread. #28  
A 22 Year old Died in my front lawn after hitting a tree. I have not been up to posting lately. The experience,,,, has had an impact on me.

Dammmn. I understand, man. Hope all is well.

/ New EVEN FRESHER LS J info than the First Fresh Info Thread. #29  

Sorry to hear that...honest. R,