New guy here.....

/ New guy here..... #11  
Welcome to the forum, from the Mississippi Gulf Coast!

/ New guy here..... #13  
Welcome to the forum from Oklahoma. I started looking for a gear but I am glad I went with the hydro

/ New guy here..... #14  
Welcome from Arkansas and one of the first LS owners here on TBN. I bought mine in Oct 2010 and I wouldn't think of buying anything else when buying new.
If you can afford it, jump up in size till you can get telescopic lift arms and telescoping stabilizers. They are well worth the extra money on a tractor to ease hookup to implements. I don't think they come on the 3033 though

/ New guy here..... #15  
I'd have to agree, seems like LS is currently the best overall value right now when considering price, warranty, and quality. This is what I've found after a couple months of looking at the bulk of the brands. I don't think you'd be disappointed with the 3033. I have the 2020H and got absolutely no complaints at this point. My dealer said the 3033 was by far the most popular tractor they sell, I believe he said they had 16 of them on the lot. I suspect the 2020H will gain popularity though as it is about $3k less. For what I'm using mine for, I figured I'd go with the 2020H and some of the extra $3k into implements. Good luck with your purchase!

/ New guy here..... #16  
Considering the input of Mitsubishi and LG in the overall product, the LS price is great, as this is NOT the product of any start-up endeavor, but rather an evolution along solid lines. In that, I believe is the value. Our having gotten our machines while this company is building its brand is where we are making out. It's weird to think that the success or failure of the brand will have little to do with initial engineering, but perhaps with fickle markets and of course, quality of customer service and relations at half a world's distance from the point of origin. I could care less about styles and popularity, but sadly, more might hang on that than quality nuts and bolts.

I say, get the one you can afford, with an eye to the PTO power you will require for your particular ends.

I'm going to read all I can about the safe operation of these machines and get some personal instruction as well since I know they can kill you.

If you are on fairly flat land, unlike me, you are much safer. On hill land, one must always be aware many forces and the traction at hand at any given second. I have the shuttle shift and I like it, but gears is all I have known. I now have two tractors with totally different shifting schemes, so now I have to really take it slowly to not do the wrong thing. So, which ever tractor you get, always take care.

/ New guy here..... #17  
I will say that, finally as I am able to use my left arm again... the shuttle shift is growing on me. I think, like anything else, it's what "feels" better to you as personal preference. Without a doubt HST is a much easier drivetrain to use, and if you're doing primarily loader work, I think HST is a no-brainer. But, I'm really beginning to like the shuttle the more I use it. I like having my tractor at low RPM's until I give it a little gas with the foot throttle and feather the clutch. It beats the jerky-attitude that HST has sometimes and delivers more HP to the ground, as well as the PTO. Although, Kubota's HST+ has an auto-throttle feature that revs RPM's for you which is pretty nice... but, I dislike their "rocker" pedal design.

Anyhow.. Bottom line, no one can argue the outstanding value of LS tractors right now. Bang for your buck, there's none better. I have some issues with the loader design, but as for the tractor itself, it's fantastic.

/ New guy here..... #18  
   / New guy here..... #19  
welcome to the LS mafia ...... looked for a long time before i bought,

the 3033 and all of the current models will be drying up with the new tier 4 emissions,

to me if you can afford it the best deal is the 3039 a lot more tractor for a little more dollars

here is a link on here to the new models

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/ls-tractors/270001-new-ls-cab-tractors.html

jeff

Locally, the price difference between a R3039H and R4041H is $1K or less. Both are great machines, but the 4041 is quite a bit more machine for only $700-1,000 more.

/ New guy here..... #20  
gman the OP is looking at the 3033 model might be a push to go to the 3039 and size wise the 3039 (for me ...lol) was a lot more nimble of a tractor

jeff