Filter Help XR4040

/ Filter Help XR4040 #1  

skidsareforkids

Bronze Member
Tractor
LS XR4040
I'm getting ready to do my 50hr service and need some filter cross reference help

Oil--------------Wix 57000

Hyd-------------Wix 51715

Fuel Pre-Filter----???????

Can anybody confirm those two numbers and provide me the third?

/ Filter Help XR4040 #2  
I have the xr4046 which should be the same engine as yours I think. After much research I found oil should be Wix 51056, Hyd- Wix 51715, and fuel pre filter- Wix 33003. I have not changed mine yet so I cannot say for sure this is right but if you search on here you should find the info you need.

/ Filter Help XR4040 #3  
I use NAPA filters but you can cross reference them to other brands.

Oil filter: I use NAPA 1348. It has the same specs as the NAPA 1056 but is slightly longer. Either one will work.
Hyd. filter (main): NAPA 1715
Hyd. filter (HST): NAPA 1551
Fuel pre filter: NAPA 3003
Air filter (inner) NAPA 6490
Air filter (outer) NAPA 6489

/ Filter Help XR4040 #4  
Just for reference, when I did the service on my LS, it was cheaper to buy the filters from them than to buy aftermarket. There has also been a lot of confusion on part numbers for LS tractors in the past year or two, and it doesn't seem to have cleared up.

/ Filter Help XR4040 #5  
With how picky companies are getting with warranty clams is it really worth going with after market ?

/ Filter Help XR4040 #6  
Your warranty cannot be denied due to after market parts. Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.

/ Filter Help XR4040 #7  
Your warranty cannot be denied due to after market parts. Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.
That is true if the after market filter is of the right spec's for use in the tractor. After looking in a book cross referencing 4 or 5 filters and going cross eyed and the part man picks a sixth one the wrong one then you will have to plea with the tractor maker. I go once a year to see my dealer get to talk to him get my filters. If I didn't I would never see him.

/ Filter Help XR4040 #8  
Guess I should have elaborated a bit more on what I was getting at , and that's if the wrong filter was used or one that didn't quite match factory specs, OP was unsure of the filter number and if by chance got the incorrect one , could cause a lot of hassle with warranty claims if a problem were to arise.

/ Filter Help XR4040
Thanks guys I'm just going to use the factory filters. I just can't find enough info about the factory filters to make sure I'm getting a true replacement. Lots of filters out there will fit but when you start looking at flow rate and filtration I can't make an educated decision without knowing the specs of the factory items.

/ Filter Help XR4040 #10  
I use napa (wix) filters , they have a listing for most of the filters for my tractor , I generally will cut and inspect oil filters after servicing , the napa filters have a much better construction compared the OEM from dealer ...just my thoughts