43 hours and no regen yet

/ 43 hours and no regen yet #1  

arits74

Bronze Member
Tractor
ls ,xr4155hc,1942 h farmall,vermeer cx218 mini
my xr4155hc has 43 hours and has not had a regen yet.do I need to manually do a regen or just wait for the computer to do it.also is the regen button suppose to be in the middle position for auto regen

/ 43 hours and no regen yet #2  
my xr4155hc has 43 hours and has not had a regen yet.do I need to manually do a regen or just wait for the computer to do it.also is the regen button suppose to be in the middle position for auto regen

I think I would just wait for the regeneration on its own. I hardly noticed when my first regen happened. It smelled a little funny and the rpm increased a little bit. Not a radical happening at all.

/ 43 hours and no regen yet #3  
Yeah, let the computer decide when it's time. Just teach yourself to pay attention to regen cycles and try to not shut off the machine while it's in regen mode.

/ 43 hours and no regen yet #4  
If the button is spring loaded it should stay in the center position for auto regen. You are fortunate that it hasn't gone through a regen cycle as it should go around 50 hours. Many others have had early regen cycles. Just wait it out and see.
Just my opinion but I think if you run good quality fuel and keep the RPM's up when operating the regen cycles seem to occur when they are supposed to.

/ 43 hours and no regen yet
I do try to keep the rpms up when im using it and if I start it up to move it around I let it warm up before shutting it off.

/ 43 hours and no regen yet #6  
My xr 4140 went into regin right at 44 hours. All kinds of lights came on. I just let it do it’s thing. I’m at 70 hours now and it’s only had one regin.

/ 43 hours and no regen yet #7  
No worries. My XU6168 didnt regen until 49 hours. Just keep the RPMs up and work it. Youll probably smell it before you notice the lights on the dash.

/ 43 hours and no regen yet #8  
As the others have said work the machine and let the computer do it's thing. I had several regens, about 4 or 5 so far at 80 hours. I was doing a lot of loader/grapple work so I was being mean to it. After I started doing more steady state rpm work the Regen interval has gotten farther apart. No issues to speak of as yet.

/ 43 hours and no regen yet #9  
If it burns as cleanly as our Isuzu diesel generator, it may not regen much. I'd wait.

If a Yanmar engine, it'd probably need regen already.

Ralph

/ 43 hours and no regen yet #10  
My XR4155HC has been very consistent on running a regen sequence just over every 50 hours - 50, 101, and 152 so far. If I had to guess you just haven't hit enough hours yet, nothing to fret.