Mahindra 3016 4WD review

/ Mahindra 3016 4WD review #11  
I like the new headlights on the 3016. Looks nicer than the headlights my 2816.....brighter I would bet also.

/ Mahindra 3016 4WD review
billy,
chose the 3016 simply because it was the most tractor i could afford. all the research here recommended buying bigger than you think you need. it was the next size up from what i thought i needed. very happy i went up a size.
currently dealing with 40 acres hilly country, so 4wd is a must. so much so i am contemplating on putting a winch on the front to pull me out of stupid situations that i keep getting myself into. :laughing:

s.d.

/ Mahindra 3016 4WD review #13  
billy,
chose the 3016 simply because it was the most tractor i could afford. all the research here recommended buying bigger than you think you need. it was the next size up from what i thought i needed. very happy i went up a size.
currently dealing with 40 acres hilly country, so 4wd is a must. so much so i am contemplating on putting a winch on the front to pull me out of stupid situations that i keep getting myself into. :laughing:

s.d.
Scooter, thanks, great info. I think I'm one size larger than I need with the 3016 as well, and at about my max budget. Still leaning this direction vs my alternate of Kubota 2920. I think the Mahindra is a lot more tractor for about the same price.

I have 11 acres, of which about 4 are cleared. I need to clear a fairly large thicket between two areas and smooth out the whole property. Also need to clear out some overgrown walkways through the trees, and pull apart a fairly large debris pile (trees, shrubs, etc) from when the big tractors came through preparing the home site. I think the 3016 will do all this for me. So might the 2516 or Kubota 2920, but the 3016 will give me that extra umph I need occasionally.

I do the test ride this weekend, and will make my final decision. Any other thoughts or recommendations before I pull the trigger?

Thanks,

BC

/ Mahindra 3016 4WD review #14  
I would not hesitate buying the 3016 and here's why. You have plans currently for what you want to do with your tractor and how you think you will use it for which the smaller tractor will also handle. What is not accounted for is contingencies that you are not yet aware of because they have not surfaced yet. It is then that you will wish for the larger machine with the larger tires and more weight and a bit more grunt. Yes these contingencies certainly may be scarce in comparison to the daily usage but they have the uncanny knack of popping up more times than would be believed at fist.That is why the sage advice of buying the next size larger tractor than you think you will need is constantly given as just about everyone who has owned one has wished for the next size for that unexpected situation that inevitably pops up with this kind of stuff we do on the land that we own.

/ Mahindra 3016 4WD review #15  
You might want to also check your PTO requirements. Big reason I went with the 2816 over the 2516 was it offered a live PTO. You can get by without it but it's much easier to run the mower and some other attachments.

Other big reason was that the 2816 has a 60" bucket and it seems to be easier to find 5' attachments where I live.

Good luck on the test ride....

/ Mahindra 3016 4WD review #16  
You might want to also check your PTO requirements. Big reason I went with the 2816 over the 2516 was it offered a live PTO. You can get by without it but it's much easier to run the mower and some other attachments.

Other big reason was that the 2816 has a 60" bucket and it seems to be easier to find 5' attachments where I live.

Good luck on the test ride....

Did the test ride today and I was pretty impressed. The bucket was very easy to maneuver. The HST model was a snap to get the hang of riding around. I also tried the Shuttle Shift, and although I learned to drive on a stick, I found it a bit tricky to get it to do what I wanted it to do -- I'm sure I could get the hang of it after a while, but the HST was just so much easier to run. Seat was comfy, engine was quiet, overall smooth, nice ride.

What's not clear to me after I left the dealership was whether there is a mid-point PTO -- I assume this is needed for a mid-mower -- is this on the 3016? Looking at the specs it's hard to tell, looks like an option, but I don't see any mid-mower offered. Also do these usually come with a protective grill in front of the radiator?

/ Mahindra 3016 4WD review #17  
The mid PTO, and grille guard are both optional and the mid mount mower is available.

/ Mahindra 3016 4WD review #18  
I'm getting really close on cutting the deal. Just down to a few odds and ends like a grill guard and whether I go with a canopy or not. They've been pretty flexible on the cost, and I think it's pretty competitive based on what I've seen here on the forum.

Question for any 3016 owners, do you know about what the top-speed mph is on these things? I'm guessing about 15, but it doesn't state that in the specs. Funny that Kubota states this in their specs but Mahindra doesn't.

/ Mahindra 3016 4WD review #19  
I'm getting really close on cutting the deal. Just down to a few odds and ends like a grill guard and whether I go with a canopy or not. They've been pretty flexible on the cost, and I think it's pretty competitive based on what I've seen here on the forum.

Question for any 3016 owners, do you know about what the top-speed mph is on these things? I'm guessing about 15, but it doesn't state that in the specs. Funny that Kubota states this in their specs but Mahindra doesn't.

And why would you want to go that fast and what would you be pulling?