Buying Advice kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #241  
The filter is actually higher than it looks in the picture, certainly not a low point. And with a loader installed it gets a protective wrap. Also, the ground clearance is actually decent.

I often think the bottom of tractors could be shielded better. The loader rails do add some protection on the Max, even if they were not designed for that reason.

There is no way you will bend that draw bar, you could easily hang a Max 22 on either end of it and it would not bend. Also, the filter is nearly impossible to scrape as well.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #242  
I assume the clearance issue with the Max is one low-hanging drawbar (5.7"), not indicative of the rest of the undercarriage? If I recall correctly, the Max has a better quality draw-bar than other diminutive tractors I've looked at.

The Max has a drawbar like a standard tractor, because it is a standard tractor, just shrunk in the dryer a little. :) And note the standard 3-point with the sway chains on the outside, normal length, etc.

Massey on left. BX middle. Max 25 right. The BX is most Craftsman lawnmowerish regarding the drawbar. Probably the drawbar on the Max is overkill for most SCUT users, but it goes along with the Max concept, real tractor, small package.

Attachments

• CIMG6317.jpg
    CIMG6317.jpg
    319 KB · Views: 986
  • bx.JPG
    bx.JPG
    459.7 KB · Views: 790
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    548.4 KB · Views: 745
   / kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #243  
Any zoomed out pics of ALL 3 side-x-side in the same pic??

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #244  
Any zoomed out pics of ALL 3 side-x-side in the same pic??

The GC isn't here, and we did not take pictures of the three together. I think you saw a GC side by side with a Max, did I post that? I don't think anyone is arguing that a GC is other than a SCUT, if your idea is size comparison.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #245  
Here is a Max 25 in high range, 2wd pulling a 25,000 lbs rolling load in gravel.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lxD-POHJys&feature=related"]Mahindra Max 25 pulls 25,000 lbs - YouTube[/ame]

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #246  
You can see here that the Max is really in the same basic size category as the GC. Just a tiny bit larger. Do note the higher seat but lower ROPS on the GC. Not sure how a 6' tall guy would handle a roll over on a GC. If you draw a line from the top of the ROPS to the front of the hood, the guy's head would be taller than that line. Max has a folding ROPS in case you have a low shed.

Slightly taller tire on the Max. Metal hood vs non-metal. Steering cylinder tucked behind the front axle for the Max. Grill gaurd a little bigger. All minor differences, but I'd say still the same class.

When you put both up on a lift and take pictures of their undersides, that is where the difference really shows and an argument could be made that they are in an entirely different class.

If people are not bored with this subject, I can put these on a lift and snap pictures of the undersides.

Post #229 @ 11:52 AM today you posted THIS^^^^^ with a GC and Max Side-by-side.

I just assumed you walked out in the lot and took those pics. And then you said you had a BX......

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #247  
Post #229 @ 11:52 AM today you posted THIS^^^^^ with a GC and Max Side-by-side.

I just assumed you walked out in the lot and took those pics. And then you said you had a BX......

Sorry LD1 for the confusion. The GC photos were taken at a comparison event and I just have them on file.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #248  
Its a KUBOTA MAX not something else! Get it right! :D

max.jpg

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4TtaSX5utI&feature=related"]Kubota Max :ep1 - YouTube[/ame]