Buying Advice kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #251  
The Kubota MAX video I posted is over 1 year old* . Which means
the MAX name was being used by Kubota LONG before that, one would
certainly assume. So who had the MAX name first? Oh boy, looks like
somethin' is messin' with woodpile here...

*Dated: Apr 28, 2011

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #253  
Now lets see the MAX pull that load up a 3% grade

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #254  
Here is the underside of a Max 25 with the loader installed. Notice the heavy rails installed. While the idea is to make it structurally bullet proof for the loader and/or backhoe, it gives us an added bonus of some skid protection and also lower COG. Note the filter is now well protected.

Attachments

• DSC_2243.JPG
    DSC_2243.JPG
    346.5 KB · Views: 844
   / kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #255  
Here is the underside of a Max 25 with the loader installed. Notice the heavy rails installed. While the idea is to make it structurally bullet proof for the loader and/or backhoe, it gives us an added bonus of some skid protection and also lower COG. Note the filter is now well protected.

Whats the ground clearance?

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #256  
Geez, I didn't want to get myself involved in all of this, but I need to straighten out a few mis-truths in your statements Dave.

You can see here that the Max is really in the same basic size category as the GC. Just a tiny bit larger. Do note the higher seat but lower ROPS on the GC. Not sure how a 6' tall guy would handle a roll over on a GC. If you draw a line from the top of the ROPS to the front of the hood, the guy's head would be taller than that line. Max has a folding ROPS in case you have a low shed.

Slightly taller tire on the Max. Metal hood vs non-metal.

Comparing to a GC...
you are comparing a Max designed for a backhoe attachment to the GC version that is not.
The comparable (GC2610) tractor has a much taller ROPS, and by the look of it, it's taller and beefier than than that of the Max.

IMAG2216.jpg

Sorry for the bad pic, but thats my head, and you can see the bottom of the ROPS about a foot over my head.
I'm no wheres NEAR a line drawn to the hood, and I am over 6'1".

IMAG2217.jpg

You can see that this ROPS does indeed fold:

IMAG2218.jpg

And the statement you made about the hood is just ridiculous:

IMAG2215.jpg

The hood is not plastic, it's steel.
Thats a magnet I stuck on there.

I'm surprised you are a Massey dealer, as those are very inaccurate comparisons.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #257  
Whats the ground clearance?

I assume you mean under the belly where the heavy duty backhoe and loader structure is pictured. About 8.5" at the low point. The drawbar is lower since Mahindra uses a normal tractor drawbar. Mahindra offers a taller Ag tire for a person needing that for their soil type, and they do offer a little more ground clearance. I suppose if ground clearance were critical, a guy could remove the heavy duty drawbar and fabricate a flatbar style, but generally these smaller tractors aren't operating in the woods or big rocks so I am guessing most have adequate clearance.

Just to be fair I will mention that the rear backhoe support, if you equip the Max with a backhoe either now or later, replaces the original drawbar bracket (but the drawbar is retained) and does lower the clearance under the rear axle.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #258  
Geez, I didn't want to get myself involved in all of this, but I need to straighten out a few mis-truths in your statements Dave.

Comparing to a GC...
you are comparing a Max designed for a backhoe attachment to the GC version that is not.
The comparable (GC2610) tractor has a much taller ROPS, and by the look of it, it's taller and beefier than than that of the Max.

Sorry for the bad pic, but thats my head, and you can see the bottom of the ROPS about a foot over my head.
I'm no wheres NEAR a line drawn to the hood, and I am over 6'1".

You can see that this ROPS does indeed fold:

And the statement you made about the hood is just ridiculous:

The hood is not plastic, it's steel.
Thats a magnet I stuck on there.

I'm surprised you are a Massey dealer, as those are very inaccurate comparisons.

From the bottom up. I'm surprised I'm a Massey dealer also. Massey would also be surprised. Since I am not. I do have an old Massey I mow my orchard with, made in Italy by Landini, and it's a great old machine. I like Masseys! And the GC is a good machine as well.

On the hood being plastic, totally screw-up on my part. :eek: It's the GC that has the plastic fenders I think (correct me if I am wrong), but obviously a metal hood. Of course the plastic vs metal thing is getting less important. The automotive world has pretty much perfected plastic and smc parts (look at a new Corvette) and there are actually some advantages. I prefer steel, but I bet in 10-20 years, there will be very few metal hoods/fenders on tractors. Some of our larger models have plastic fender extensions. They have their place for sure.

Regarding the ROPS, I compared a regular GC with a loader to our most basic Max with a loader. That is a fair comparison. I am glad your ROPS is taller, it needs to be. And since it is taller, it folds. That makes sense. Mahindra only has one ROPS, since people can chose a backhoe now or later.

I think my point of a low ROPS on the non-backhoe compatible GC didn't evaporate due to my hood error though?

Sorry for the metal hood mistake, and thanks for straightening me out! I need to be really careful making assumptions on the other brands, and this is a good reminder.:eek:

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #259  
I assumed by your awesome side-by-side photo shoot featuring new looking units, and the fact that you are a tractor dealer, that you also sold the MF's.

I do think that you should be comparing the GC2610 to the Max.
Thats what Mahindra is targeting.
It's no big deal, really. The Max is a nice, comparable machine.

Use the apples with the apples.

That's what's pissing people off in the first place.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #260  
Now lets see the MAX pull that load up a 3% grade

If I had a 3% grade handy, I'd try it. :thumbsup:

It would be a totally different test. A rolling load isn't that hard to move. I'd suspect most any SCUT can move what we did, maybe not in high range 2wd.

But up a 3% grade would certainly require low range and 4wd, and I don't know at what point we would just get tire spin.