Buying Advice Mid Mount Mower

/ Mid Mount Mower #11  
I use a finishing mower on a 2516 which is the same size as the max 28. I don't have lots of obstacles but it does well. With a little practice you can trim pretty good with it. If you go with a gear tractor i would go MMM, but if you go hst i would at least try a rfm. I went with the rfm from a zero turn. Like said before whats nice about a rfm is the price. It is a lot easier and cheaper to replace a rfm than a mid mount. The tractor will always outlast the mower, either way.

/ Mid Mount Mower
What width rfm are you guys using

/ Mid Mount Mower #13  
mattoct3003 said:
What width rfm are you guys using

Mine is mahindra 5'... I think it is the same as the 5' nortrac on northern tool.

/ Mid Mount Mower #14  
jcdogfish said:
I use a finishing mower on a 2516 which is the same size as the max 28. I don't have lots of obstacles but it does well. With a little practice you can trim pretty good with it. If you go with a gear tractor i would go MMM, but if you go hst i would at least try a rfm. I went with the rfm from a zero turn. Like said before whats nice about a rfm is the price. It is a lot easier and cheaper to replace a rfm than a mid mount. The tractor will always outlast the mower, either way.

I'm encouraged that u went to rfm from zero, because so many say get a zero in addition to a tractor...but that is too much for me. Can u explain why u dumped zero for rear finish? I'm very interested. Thx

/ Mid Mount Mower #15  
I have a 2516 HST 4wd/ FEL / MMM. It is usually off until I am ready to mow. It was difficult to hook up at first but with practice I can now get it on in no time. With the FEL off the turning radius is really tight.

/ Mid Mount Mower #16  
I own a Max28xl and have the 60" mmm. It takes me a couple of minutes to hook up. Super easy!

/ Mid Mount Mower #17  
I own a Max28xl and have the 60" mmm. It takes me a couple of minutes to hook up. Super easy!

Hows the drive over feature? Looked cool in the video. did you consider the RFM vs the MMM, at all? What pushed you to the MMM? Thx

Oh yeah, CONGRATS!!! Nice tractor!:thumbsup:

/ Mid Mount Mower #18  
Can't speak about Mahindra but I have a 52" mid mount mower on my Bx2230. It's on and off in under ten minutes with no tools - under five if I have some help. I have trees and other obstacles to mow around and wouldn't want a rear mounted mower. If you just have straight grass with no trees, sheds, fences etc maybe a rear mounted mower makes more sense.

/ Mid Mount Mower #19  
I went with the mmm for a couple of reasons, first the tractor I bought had the fel, mmm and the backhoe as a package. And thought I was against the rear mount mower because of having to hook up a 3 pt attachment. I just drive over the mower connect 2 mid pins, the front mount easilly snaps in place. The only somewhat hard part is connecting the pto, and thats only because I'm a a good size guy and the clearence is tight. I have never had a problem with the drive over always lines up great.

/ Mid Mount Mower #20  
I went with the mmm for a couple of reasons, first the tractor I bought had the fel, mmm and the backhoe as a package. And thought I was against the rear mount mower because of having to hook up a 3 pt attachment. I just drive over the mower connect 2 mid pins, the front mount easilly snaps in place. The only somewhat hard part is connecting the pto, and thats only because I'm a a good size guy and the clearence is tight. I have never had a problem with the drive over always lines up great.

cool, thx. Enjoy!:D