Buying Advice Mid Mount Mower

/ Mid Mount Mower
Finally! Someone that has a MMM on a max28!!!!

/ Mid Mount Mower #23  
My dealer pushed a RFM when I purchased. I later found a used MMM. Each has their own advantages. For just plain mowing I prefer the MMM. Tight spots, trees, shrubs, up close to fences the MMM works better for me. You have the cutting edge of the mower right under your foot instead of over your shoulder.

/ Mid Mount Mower #24  
2007 mega said:
forgot to mention My MMM is a woods

Is woods the manufacturer of the mahindra mid mount or did u order that as an afterthought? I hadn't even considered the option of another manufacturer for mid mount.

Was there a price advantage? Quality advantage?

/ Mid Mount Mower #25  
Mine is mahindra 5'... I think it is the same as the 5' nortrac on northern tool.

I got the manual for the northern tools and the one directly from Mahindra and the manual is exactly the same, so unless another dealer has the same part numbers and everything else they are the same animal if you need to look at reviews.

I had the MMM on my tractor but traded it out and though I like the RFM (5') the MMM seemed to have a better cut quality, and thus far I have not had any issues with the wheels.

/ Mid Mount Mower #26  
5 foot rfm. I went back to a tractor from a ztr because the ztr was beating me to death. They ride very rough and I have rhumatoid arthritis. There are also places i can get the rfm mower that I could not get the ztr like under trees and over ditch banks. The ztr is the way to go if you only mow, but thats about all you can do with it. I have 12, 200 year old oaks and something falls everyday so the fel comes in handy, not to mention making a nice vegatable garden and grading the road. With my condition if I would have gone with a mmm it would have been the JD1026. Their iron deck is nice. But the main problem with my previous tractors has always been the deck first. With a finishing mower I can get a new one and keep on trucking. I do have lots of open spaces but I trim around trees too and against the house. I make one pass around the house with a push mower and if it is cooler I go around the trees close to the house. This takes 5 to 10 minutes tops. Then its a piece of cake with the rfm. The push mower is actually easier on me than the weed eater was. You can trim close with a rfm but it does take longer to cut. What took me 2 hrs with the ztr (kubota zd326) takes me 3 now but I can walk when I get off the tractor and am not full of grass and dirt from head to toe. when I would get off the ztr it was straight to the shower.

/ Mid Mount Mower #27  
jcdogfish said:
5 foot rfm. I went back to a tractor from a ztr because the ztr was beating me to death. They ride very rough and I have rhumatoid arthritis. There are also places i can get the rfm mower that I could not get the ztr like under trees and over ditch banks. The ztr is the way to go if you only mow, but thats about all you can do with it. I have 12, 200 year old oaks and something falls everyday so the fel comes in handy, not to mention making a nice vegatable garden and grading the road. With my condition if I would have gone with a mmm it would have been the JD1026. Their iron deck is nice. But the main problem with my previous tractors has always been the deck first. With a finishing mower I can get a new one and keep on trucking. I do have lots of open spaces but I trim around trees too and against the house. I make one pass around the house with a push mower and if it is cooler I go around the trees close to the house. This takes 5 to 10 minutes tops. Then its a piece of cake with the rfm. The push mower is actually easier on me than the weed eater was. You can trim close with a rfm but it does take longer to cut. What took me 2 hrs with the ztr (kubota zd326) takes me 3 now but I can walk when I get off the tractor and am not full of grass and dirt from head to toe. when I would get off the ztr it was straight to the shower.

Thanks for that explanation. I have been pleased, like you, with not being dirty after mowing the lawn. I'm not in a hurry, and with my son on my lap and him steering, its all the more fun. I have also enjoyed that all the grass clippings just disappear into the lawn, no side discharge mess.

/ Mid Mount Mower
I had a 5 foot side discharge bush hog rfm and the extra clippings was one of my gripes

/ Mid Mount Mower #29  
mattoct3003 said:
I had a 5 foot side discharge bush hog rfm and the extra clippings was one of my gripes

Yes... My neighbors belly mower makes a terrible mess, and the 28 belly mower side discharged in the video, too, I think. That may be an advantage for the rfm... Or, there may be a mulch kit for belly mower, too.

/ Mid Mount Mower #30  
Re: Mid Mount Mower.

First post guys! Glad to be here! Guys, Im kinda torn between a Kubota B2920 with an FEL and MMM or a Mahindra Max 28XL HST with FEL and MMM. I was leaning Mahindra but the only thing holding me back is the mid mount mower. The dealer is dead set against me buying a mid mount mower due to difficulty of on/off capabilities. Anyone have any experience as to why he is trying to guide me away from the MMM? I have also looked at the 1026R with the 7iron but im just not sure thats enough tractor for me. The Mahindra just outspecs the Kubota in everything except what I am going to be using it for alot which is mowing my field/lawn. I just dont see anything out there about the MMM Mahindra is putting out there.:confused:

MMM was a good choice for me I have a Mahindra Max 22 (60" mower )and it cuts great!
There are a few more steps taking it on a off but worth it. I got the mulching kit and it does it's job. Drive on and off deck takes some effort. I looked at just about all other brands, but Max 22 was the biggest in the SCUT Class. I bugged the dealer to train me how to change out the mower deck. They didn't leave my home until I got it right. Word of advice is to always remove the mmm before using other implements.

Last edited: