4540, 2540 and 1538 Comparison

/ 4540, 2540 and 1538 Comparison #11  
Tractors are solely made to work, what else would one be used for?

/ 4540, 2540 and 1538 Comparison #13  
I agree with that, but was just responding to your comment:

"but if you just need something to do work with its definitely a contender".

/ 4540, 2540 and 1538 Comparison #14  
I agree with that, but was just responding to your comment:

"but if you just need something to do work with its definitely a contender".

In that case, why does Ford make a Platinum Edition F350? Why would someone buy a spec'd out F250 when a base model F350 will tow and carry more? It's about finding the right machine for your needs, and some people will trade performance for comfort, and vice versa. Perhaps my comment was ambiguous :confused3:

/ 4540, 2540 and 1538 Comparison #15  
In that case, why does Ford make a Platinum Edition F350? Why would someone buy a spec'd out F250 when a base model F350 will tow and carry more? It's about finding the right machine for your needs, and some people will trade performance for comfort, and vice versa. Perhaps my comment was ambiguous :confused3:
I understood your comment. I just bought a 3550 even though the 4530 and 2555 are a little better on lifting specs and the 4530 is heavier. I was uncomfortable sitting on both of them and with the seat in the best position for my long legs, I had a long reach for the FEL joystick. That's no big deal for a 10 minute job, but it is for something that has you in the seat for several hours. In the end, with the bigger cash back incentive on the 3550, I didn't spend much more money, but I got a tractor that I think I'll be comfortable on bush hogging all day long or running the loader for several hours.

/ 4540, 2540 and 1538 Comparison #16  
tbzep
Just curious ,but didn't the new 4530 have the adjustable joystick pedestal ? On mine all I had to do is loosen the mount and tilt the control back to a comfortable position so my arm stays on the rest while operating. I am also a long legged galoot at 6'5 a little tweaking on the shuttle shifter and all is well..I do wish the 4530 had tilt steering though.. Dont think you went wrong on the 3550 either..
Regards
Sean

/ 4540, 2540 and 1538 Comparison #17  
tbzep
Just curious ,but didn't the new 4530 have the adjustable joystick pedestal ? On mine all I had to do is loosen the mount and tilt the control back to a comfortable position so my arm stays on the rest while operating. I am also a long legged galoot at 6'5 a little tweaking on the shuttle shifter and all is well..I do wish the 4530 had tilt steering though.. Dont think you went wrong on the 3550 either..
Regards
Sean
I believe it does, and I know the 2555 does since I spent more time sitting on it trying to get comfortable. (There was one of them at both dealerships.) The joystick bracket is mounted on the boom itself and looked to me like it mostly would adjust the tilt angle and not really pull it back much. The 35xx is mounted on a dedicated pedestal back closer to the armrest.

/ 4540, 2540 and 1538 Comparison #18  
That's what I was thinking..It actually has more of an adjustment than one would think. in regard to getting the control's ergonomically in sync with the operator..Granted ,it didn't come that way from the dealer..but with a little time and a few adjustment's I believe any one can make the machine suit their comfort preferences...