50 hr service question

/ 50 hr service question #21  
The screen in my 5035 HST had a few small filings/chips on it, and a bunch of 'grey iron' dust. I cleaned mine with diesel and compresed air... took it into the house and washed it real good with hot water and dish soap... then redid the diesel air thing. Make sure you find and take out all the drain plugs [ mine were all 1/2" NPT with square heads with holes drilled in them for wiring ] and clean all their magnets. I had three on my trans, and the manual only said take out the one....

/ 50 hr service question
The screen in my 5035 HST had a few small filings/chips on it, and a bunch of 'grey iron' dust. I cleaned mine with diesel and compresed air... took it into the house and washed it real good with hot water and dish soap... then redid the diesel air thing. Make sure you find and take out all the drain plugs [ mine were all 1/2" NPT with square heads with holes drilled in them for wiring ] and clean all their magnets. I had three on my trans, and the manual only said take out the one....

Thanx.

I'm still in the air on the whole thing. I am thinkin of doin like LAWALLSTRACTOR said in 2nd post on this thread. Change engine oil and filter now and add hydro/suction filter in. Then at 100hrs do tranny oil, tranny screen/strainer, hydro/suction filter again and front axle.

/ 50 hr service question #23  
It held about 9 gallons, I have about a gallon left from two 5 gallon buckets. Also you may already know but the power steering fluid is a seperate system off the same pump. Look at the pump and you will see the seperate pump section and lines.

/ 50 hr service question #24  
Almost forgot the power steering filter should be changed also. It's easy and takes about 3 quarts AW 46 hydraulic oil.

/ 50 hr service question
Almost forgot the power steering filter should be changed also. It's easy and takes about 3 quarts AW 46 hydraulic oil.

Im gonna have to look, but I thought mine was all in one. Is your 4025 2wd or 4wd? Mines 4wd and there are a few things different, but I will check into it.

/ 50 hr service question #26  
Mine is 2wd, the power steering reservoir is on the injector side of the engine in front of the fuel tank. The 4wd model may be different, that I would not know. If it is different let me know, changing that to a different design would be a significant alteration looking at mine. Let me know.

/ 50 hr service question
Mine is 2wd, the power steering reservoir is on the injector side of the engine in front of the fuel tank. The 4wd model may be different, that I would not know. If it is different let me know, changing that to a different design would be a significant alteration looking at mine. Let me know.

Im gonna have to look again. I got in a hurry, but I did glance and I didnt notice any sort of reservoir. Does yours have the 2 fuel filters that I have heard of? Mine has 1.

/ 50 hr service question
Well I went with changing oil, oil filter, greasing, changing hydro/suction filter, check torque on bolts, topping off fluids, etc. I am glad I changed the engine oil. It was some what clear yet, but smelt burnt. There was a little bit of stuff on the back of the oil plugs. There is 2 oil plugs on the 4wd 4025 and both must be removed to drain all the oil. It took just a pinch over 2 gallons of oil. Extremely very simple and easy to service.

/ 50 hr service question #29  
Well I went with changing oil, oil filter, greasing, changing hydro/suction filter, check torque on bolts, topping off fluids, etc. I am glad I changed the engine oil. It was some what clear yet, but smelt burnt. There was a little bit of stuff on the back of the oil plugs. There is 2 oil plugs on the 4wd 4025 and both must be removed to drain all the oil. It took just a pinch over 2 gallons of oil. Extremely very simple and easy to service.

Remember when draining fluids you should also remove the dipstick, and fill cap along with the drain plug(s) to make sure to break any vacuum so it drains completely. :thumbsup:

/ 50 hr service question
Remember when draining fluids you should also remove the dipstick, and fill cap along with the drain plug(s) to make sure to break any vacuum so it drains completely. :thumbsup:

Thanx.

This is very true. My oil pan is U shaped or humped up in the center for the drive shaft going to the front axle for the 4wd so there is a plug on each side in the back.