50 hr service question

/ 50 hr service question
Kubota used to call for replacing oil and filters at 50 hours and I believe bumped in up to be Politically Correct and "save the planet" B.S. Many owners pull some serious metal shavings out that were left over from milling operations during the first fluid changings. Your dealer only cares things will stay together long enough to pass the warranty period. I would replace the oil/hydraulic fluids and their filters even though you can get a couple hundred dollars invested. What is longevity to your tractor worth?

Very true.

/ 50 hr service question
Does anyone have any pics of the tranny screen/strainer procedure?

/ 50 hr service question #13  
I plan on cleaning the screen at 50hrs. Always a good time to remove metal shavings from any system. Not sure I would reuse the drained oil unless it was perfectly clean. IMO the peace of mind from new oil outweighs the few dollars saved.

/ 50 hr service question
I plan on cleaning the screen at 50hrs. Always a good time to remove metal shavings from any system. Not sure I would reuse the drained oil unless it was perfectly clean. IMO the peace of mind from new oil outweighs the few dollars saved.

Yea, crap Im thinkin bout it. Have to go back to the dealer and get more hydraulic oil I guess. Just as far as anything else and bout same price.

If anything is in the screen then its not in the filter yet? Which way does it flow I wonder?

/ 50 hr service question #15  
I've always found everything flows downhill - usually right where I'm standing. :laughing:
Sorry, couldn't help myself. :rolleyes:

/ 50 hr service question #16  
Also, I don't really know if this works but it does make sense. Have someone hold the hose of a shopvac, on of course, over the dipstick hole, remove the dipstick first, while you remove and clean the screen. Have read where nothing leaks out at all.
If you try this let me know if it really works.

/ 50 hr service question #17  
I just changed all the transmission fluid and filter on my 4025 at the 50 hour mark, by the time I went to all the trouble trying to save it, just didnt make sense. I still would have had to buy the fluid to top it off. I used tractor supply "Premium" transmission and hydraulic fluid (approved for Mahindra as per the label) and mahindra filter in mine with no performance problems. Make sure to run the loader and 3 point all the way up and down a few times each to purgae the air. I left the engine oil change till the 100 hour mark. Good luck and have fun.

/ 50 hr service question
I've always found everything flows downhill - usually right where I'm standing. :laughing:
Sorry, couldn't help myself. :rolleyes:

LOL.....

/ 50 hr service question
Also, I don't really know if this works but it does make sense. Have someone hold the hose of a shopvac, on of course, over the dipstick hole, remove the dipstick first, while you remove and clean the screen. Have read where nothing leaks out at all.
If you try this let me know if it really works.

Interesting.

/ 50 hr service question
I just changed all the transmission fluid and filter on my 4025 at the 50 hour mark, by the time I went to all the trouble trying to save it, just didnt make sense. I still would have had to buy the fluid to top it off. I used tractor supply "Premium" transmission and hydraulic fluid (approved for Mahindra as per the label) and mahindra filter in mine with no performance problems. Make sure to run the loader and 3 point all the way up and down a few times each to purgae the air. I left the engine oil change till the 100 hour mark. Good luck and have fun.

How hard was it to clean the tranny strainer/screen? Also how much did it hold? How many gallons did you have to put back in it?

Last edited: