Rust pics of my 2 year old Mahindra 4035... Is this normal?

/ Rust pics of my 2 year old Mahindra 4035... Is this normal?
yes, but all of your other tractors are not Mahindia either.
So that is my question. Are Mahindra tractors that far behind the others in quality of finish? For the record I have 5 Kubotas, an International, Deere, Cat, Komatsu and Cub Cadet that I am comparing the Mahindra to.

/ Rust pics of my 2 year old Mahindra 4035... Is this normal? #22  
My opinion, it was probably some kind of dirty, and stayed dirty most of the time. The rust was under the dirt where the old piss filled straw and manure dust was caked to the tractor.
They washed it real good to sell it, and there is the reason it looks clean in some places, rusty in others.

I read your other thread, and honestly after seeing the pictures it doesn't look all that bad really. You seem pretty concerned about they look like so paint it if you must, but otherwise now you have one you don't have a lot of money in you can beat the snot out of.

I made a new purchase recently and although for reasons other than quaility or features I did not go Mahindra, the 4035 and 5035 were on my short final list of what to get after long research process. They are really nice tractors. Congratulations and I hope you get good use out of it, if this issue of rust is buggin you though I would second the advice of previous posters and just sell it.

/ Rust pics of my 2 year old Mahindra 4035... Is this normal? #23  
So that is my question. Are Mahindra tractors that far behind the others in quality of finish? For the record I have 5 Kubotas, an International, Deere, Cat, Komatsu and Cub Cadet that I am comparing the Mahindra to.

I don't think you can get a good answer to your question based on what you have. Any of your other machines may look the same way had they been in the exact same conditions this Mahindra was in. Since you really don't know what it was exposed to then how can anyone say?

I have a lot of experience with equipment exposed to fertilizer, both liquid and granular. Any brand of anything farm equipment will rust in short time exposed to something corrosive. In 2 months much less 2 years.

/ Rust pics of my 2 year old Mahindra 4035... Is this normal? #24  
A two year old tractor with only 130 hours on it sat parked somewhere for 17,000 hours. Where that was is probably the cause of the problem. Why the paint job wasn't up to it is another question.
I have just 115 hours on my tractor and a lot of payments left to pay. I intend to keep it in as good shape as possible for as long as possible without being afraid to actually use it. I expect scratches and dings working in the woods and fields and any scratch will rust if not taken care of. So to keep it up I look it all over each time I grease the loader and apply some grease to any spot that has got scratched or the paint chipped. This is just a temporary measure to keep it from progressing. I plan on degreasing it and touching up the paint at least once a year not being too worried about the shine but concentrating on rust prevention. I want everything in good working order the day it is payed for.

/ Rust pics of my 2 year old Mahindra 4035... Is this normal? #25  
I have to agree that I think it was covered in manure while it sat and when they cleaned it up to sell it, that's what was left. The manure caked on would do a number on that. On the flip side, I am stoked the loader looks great! :D

/ Rust pics of my 2 year old Mahindra 4035... Is this normal? #26  
IMO - seems you're otherwise happy with the tractor & got the tractor for a good price which should offset fixing the rust (the the corrision seems pretty minor/largely cosmetic & if treated promptly will be removed fairly easily).
Whatever caused the rust is speculative & as you've already "settled" on the machine it's now yours to do as please - as for Mahinda being any different in finish to other machines I can't comment, but given the rust after two years it probably got a lot more to do with how the individual machine was used or cleaned post use - looks to me like it was washed in salty bore water (I've seen NH's, Fords, JCB's & whole lot of other brands also rust quickly too but these have been in dedicated high corrosive applications like orchard sprayers, phosphate/lime spreading..etc)

/ Rust pics of my 2 year old Mahindra 4035... Is this normal? #27  
That rust up front sure looks like somekind of battery issue to me , overcharging , leaky battery , something released some acid.

Ray

/ Rust pics of my 2 year old Mahindra 4035... Is this normal? #28  
My NH TC40DA dumps manure and shavings from the barn into the dumpster every day for the last 3 years. There is no rust on the front. IMHO it looks like the battery cooked causing acid to leak out. Every time it got wet a sulfuric acid solution would form and run down the frame. If that was the cause there are more problems lurking than the appearance issues. The wiring in that area will also corrode. The back looks like a typical low quality paint job on the arms. They didn't prep or paint where it was laying so the undersides are rusting.

/ Rust pics of my 2 year old Mahindra 4035... Is this normal? #29  
My new Mahindra 4035 had been sitting on the dealers lot for the last 12-15 months. No salt in this part of the country, but that was at least one - and possibly two - Texas summers. And there was absolutely no rust. I would tend to agree with some of the others that the rust has more to do with where and how the tractor was stored for the last two years.

Was the paint on mine the brightest and best quality possible? No. But only if you looked real hard at the much newer MAX tractors on his lot could you see that it had faded at all.

BTW, the loaders on Mahindra tractors are made in the USA by KMW. So it would not be surprising to me if the paint finish and quality was a little different on the tractor than on the loader.

/ Rust pics of my 2 year old Mahindra 4035... Is this normal? #30  
I agree I wouldn't expect that on a 2yr old tractor. I wouldn't beat yourself up about it.. used is used. FWIW you can get a can of "mahindra grey" spray paint at a dealer. I would prep it some and touch up with the spray paint.