4035 spits and sputters at high rpms

/ 4035 spits and sputters at high rpms
Finally on there way to get the tractor and get it fixed. Hopefully its a quick fix with the timing. Will post again when back up and running.

They sure didn't have it long ! gone one day back the next. Not sure how its running yet because I am back to work, but come monday we will put it to the test. Will let all know then. I got my fingers crossed!!

Well took it out for about an hour but still is not right. Under load while using the loader or going up a hill it started missing again and blowing white smoke, but not nearly as bad! Called the dealer and he told me that the pump could not be advanced anymore and he will have to contact Mahindra. Not sure why but that's the plan.

/ 4035 spits and sputters at high rpms #45  
Can you tell by looking at the pump flange/timng cover surface if they actually moved the pump? Is the pump's rotation actually blocked by the mounting studs being at the end of the slots? It's not my intent to demean your dealer, but I suspect they want to contact their service rep because they either don't know how to change the timing or are afraid to try. It may be that the pump slots won't allow any more rotation on the outside, but the the pump shaft can be rotated within the drive gear. Granted, it's not as simple as just loosening three nuts and rotating the pump, but any "factory trained, qualified thechnician" should be capable of the proceedure.

They did rotate the pump and its as far as it will go in its slots. I noticed before they took it that it looked like it was almost to the end of the slots but couldn't be sure because of the washers being in the way. I will wait and see what they come up with. Its almost spring here and I sure could use a good running tractor!!

/ 4035 spits and sputters at high rpms #47  
You don't really have much choice, but whatever they decide on, stick to your guns that it had best not include another transport charge. I'm sure they will get this straightened out and the timing will be corrected. I believe someone at Mahindra will explain to them how to do it.

/ 4035 spits and sputters at high rpms #48  
Could be that the Bosch injector pump went bad, or was never right in the first place. The KSB raises the injector pressure for 20 mins or so upon startup [when yours runs OK], and then the timer drops out lowering the internal injector pump back to normal. Maybe the pressure regulator inside the injector pump is too low, or there is some other loss of pressure happening inside the pump due to mechanical stuff. I'm sure they will get your tractor fixed soon, hang in there... :)

Thanks for the support guys. I really like this tractor when it is running good lots of power and when it hits the field Im sure it will do all that I ask.

/ 4035 spits and sputters at high rpms #50  
I have had no problems with timing on 35 series tractors. Replace the fuel lines from the tank and it will most likely fix your problem.

Dave