FARM DIESEL

/ FARM DIESEL #1  

REDPRIDE

Tractor
MAHINDRA 5530 / 1947 John Deere Model M
Just wondering how many of you actually run farm diesel in your tractors as opposed to highway diesel? And what advantages/disadvantages or performance issues with either.
Just wondering....

/ FARM DIESEL #2  
It's the same fuel, just dyed red. Saves you $.70 +- per gallon in fuel tax if you run off road. There's 4,392,124 threads here on TBN alone.

/ FARM DIESEL #3  
No performance difference unless you count the award winning smile I have by not paying road tax on it. :)

/ FARM DIESEL
Gotcha, I'll check out some of the other post. Didnt take time to search the first time just typed question and rolled on.

/ FARM DIESEL #5  
Gotcha, I'll check out some of the other post. Didnt take time to search the first time just typed question and rolled on.

If everybody "searched" there would be very, very, very few new posts each day. How boring would that be..... ;)

/ FARM DIESEL #7  
I read somewhere else on TBN that they didn't "winterize" the off-road stuff. Anyone know if that's true?

/ FARM DIESEL #8  
I read somewhere else on TBN that they didn't "winterize" the off-road stuff. Anyone know if that's true?

Honestly I can't see a distributor winterizing road fuel and not off road.

/ FARM DIESEL #9  

Why would they not??

/ FARM DIESEL #10  
I can't find the original TBN post about it now. I was searching for posts about overfilling the tank. Now google won't find it for me again. :smiley_aafz:

Someone mentioned they had used off road diesel and let it sit and it had jelled up. Maybe it was a summer formulation and they hat let it sit. But who doesn't fire up a tractor at least once a week just for the fun of it? ;)