Need some info on the 3016, 3616

/ Need some info on the 3016, 3616
and yet more questions as I familiarize myself with this series of tractors.

- what is a draw bar and what's its purpose?
- does the 16 series have draft control?

/ Need some info on the 3016, 3616 #22  
and yet more questions as I familiarize myself with this series of tractors.

- what is a draw bar and what's its purpose?

Not sure about Draft control, but a draw bar is essentially a hitch on a tractor. Not the Ball style hitch to connect a automotive trailer, but more a bar with a hole in it to accept a pin or connect a chain.

-J

Not sure about Draft control, but a draw bar is essentially a hitch on a tractor. Not the Ball style hitch to connect a automotive trailer, but more a bar with a hole in it to accept a pin or connect a chain.

-J

Ahh, got it. Thank you.

/ Need some info on the 3016, 3616 #24  
My Father has a 3016 Shuttle Shift and he really likes it. It is hard to beat for that size tractor. I have used it a good bit and its a much better bargain than the standard "L" series Kubota tractors. He paid $16,000 smooth for his loader included.

/ Need some info on the 3016, 3616 #25  

My 3016 pulls 10,000 pounds of logs so fast, I had to add a draft spoiler.....the vortex was peeling off the bark.......just kidding.:D

Yes, on the lever (right rear fender) that raises and lowers the 3 point , you would find 2 friction knobs in the same groove; one knob on top of the lever and one knob on the bottom of the lever.

The bottom friction knob can be set (loosened, moved, & tightened) to limit how far down the 3pt lever travels; limiting the depth of the implement (making it hover).

The upper friction knob can be set (same) to limit how far up the 3pt lever travels; limiting the height of the implement.

There is also a knob at the base of the seat; the operator can control the free-low speed at which the implement can fall (if the 3pt lever is dumped).

There are some aftermarket hydraulic attachments that make the 3pt implement hover and make it move like a carnival ride. The Mahindra (like most tractors) comes with one 3pt arm with a turn-buckle that allows the implement to be tilted or leveled (side to side) and a top connecting link to adjust the attack angle.

Some snow plows and box scrapers also have devices that can limit the depth of their movement; my Rankin box scraper (like most) has teeth with several slots for depth adjustment, and some snow blades, plows, & blowers come with skids.

My 3016 pulls 10,000 pounds of logs so fast, I had to add a draft spoiler.....the vortex was peeling off the bark.......just kidding.:D

Yes, on the lever (right rear fender) that raises and lowers the 3 point , you would find 2 friction knobs in the same groove; one knob on top of the lever and one knob on the bottom of the lever.

The bottom friction knob can be set (loosened, moved, & tightened) to limit how far down the 3pt lever travels; limiting the depth of the implement (making it hover).

The upper friction knob can be set (same) to limit how far up the 3pt lever travels; limiting the height of the implement.

There is also a knob at the base of the seat; the operator can control the free-low speed at which the implement can fall (if the 3pt lever is dumped).

There are some aftermarket hydraulic attachments that make the 3pt implement hover and make it move like a carnival ride. The Mahindra (like most tractors) comes with one 3pt arm with a turn-buckle that allows the implement to be tilted or leveled (side to side) and a top connecting link to adjust the attack angle.

Some snow plows and box scrapers also have devices that can limit the depth of their movement; my Rankin box scraper (like most) has teeth with several slots for depth adjustment, and some snow blades, plows, & blowers come with skids.

Ok, that made sense, thanks for the info!

/ Need some info on the 3016, 3616 #27  
Ok, that made sense, thanks for the info!

And there is one more; the 3pt arms have a number of positions that can be chosen. When I bought my tractor, the arms were almost touching the ground when the lever was in the all the way down position, I wanted a higher top-end so I moved the arms to the next (higher) position. "For the life of me"; I cannot remember how to do that without looking at the tractor but in theory, the arms can be positioned to only go down so far. They will float up very high so people usually choose the heaviest implements.

I'm very happy that you don't have the jerky hitch issue!!

/ Need some info on the 3016, 3616 #29  
About the only piece of advice is to get some day-glo fluorescent paint and paint anything that is "loose" like turnbuckles, pins, clips, etc. a bright color like orange or red that will show up against grass, the cement in your garage floor or brown mud.

/ Need some info on the 3016, 3616 #30  
NONE of the 16 series tractors have Draft control. What has been described are the stops that are in the groove of the position control to set the position of the hitch. The knob below the seat is the lowering speed control knob. Again, there is no draft control on any of the 15 or 16 series tractors. Most tractors that have draft control will have 2 levers side by side. One is the position control lever and the other would be the draft control lever.

If you want draft control, then you will need to step up to the 10, 25, 30, 35, 60 or M power machines. The Max and 16 series ( all Mitsubishi ) do not have draft control. ;)