OK so what's the drill? How do I get this @#$*&^+ back hoe back on the tractor?

/ OK so what's the drill? How do I get this @#$*&^+ back hoe back on the tractor? #11  
Re: OK so what's the drill? How do I get this @#$*&^+ back hoe back on the tractor?

My subframe had guide wedges. You probably had +- 3/4 inch. Backing with that tolerance is pretty easy.

/ OK so what's the drill? How do I get this @#$*&^+ back hoe back on the tractor? #12  
Re: OK so what's the drill? How do I get this @#$*&^+ back hoe back on the tractor?

That's my problem. If I could get the stinkin pins down in the hooks I'd sail right along but the geometry of this stinkin thing won't let that happen. They've got these guides welded to plates where the upper retaining pins go that hang up when I try to rotate the hoe so the pins drop in the hooks and it pushes the hoe back and right off the top of the hooks. Then I'm back were I started. Instead of helping, the way they are, the guides are kicking my butt. Maybe my dolly is still too high and the geometry isn't working out. However I got the dayum thing off and on the dolly with no sweat so one would think it would go right back on in the same fashion. It's been some months though. I didn't want to be pushing snow around with the backhoe hanging on it.

Can you post a few pictures of it ?

/ OK so what's the drill? How do I get this @#$*&^+ back hoe back on the tractor? #13  

First time I took it off I put it on the ground and I liked to never got the dayum thing back on. So I built a dolly, twice in fact. I thought I had the geometry figured out and the backhoe deal licked. I went to put the hoe on today to dig some foundation trenches. I thought it was gonna take maybe 5 minutes. NOT!! Ever who dreamed up the geometry for this &*)$ # thing is one evil SOB and I'd like about 5 minutes with him out behind the barn. I thought it was gonna be a lot easier pushing the backhoe on a dolly up to the tractor instead of trying to back the tractor up within 1/8" of dead center. I get the pins dead center right over the bottom hooks but when I go to rotate the hoe, rotating the pins down to catch in the hooks with the boom the dayum guides for the upper pin deal push it right off. I got PO'd after about two hours of tying this and that and conceded round one. It's just gotta be easier than this. I'm getting ready to take a grinder and cut off wheel to those guides, get the welder and do something else. I know I'm gonna feel really stupid when someone tells me what I'm doing wrong but I don't care, go ahead and lay it to me. It'll be cheap at twice the price. It's a 1538 with the 1538 hoe made by KMW. Dave here's your chance.
Raise the stabilizers to lower the BH onto the hooks not the BOOM or bucket. Once on the hooks now boom down to line up pins. :thumbsup:

/ OK so what's the drill? How do I get this @#$*&^+ back hoe back on the tractor? #14  

First time I took it off I put it on the ground and I liked to never got the dayum thing back on. So I built a dolly, twice in fact. I thought I had the geometry figured out and the backhoe deal licked. I went to put the hoe on today to dig some foundation trenches. I thought it was gonna take maybe 5 minutes. NOT!! Ever who dreamed up the geometry for this &*)$ # thing is one evil SOB and I'd like about 5 minutes with him out behind the barn. I thought it was gonna be a lot easier pushing the backhoe on a dolly up to the tractor instead of trying to back the tractor up within 1/8" of dead center. I get the pins dead center right over the bottom hooks but when I go to rotate the hoe, rotating the pins down to catch in the hooks with the boom the dayum guides for the upper pin deal push it right off. I got PO'd after about two hours of tying this and that and conceded round one. It's just gotta be easier than this. I'm getting ready to take a grinder and cut off wheel to those guides, get the welder and do something else. I know I'm gonna feel really stupid when someone tells me what I'm doing wrong but I don't care, go ahead and lay it to me. It'll be cheap at twice the price. It's a 1538 with the 1538 hoe made by KMW. Dave here's your chance.
I think the dolly might be contributing. :confused2:
After getting the correct positioning of tractor vs BH all relative movement should be able to be fully controlled by the boom and stabilizers in combination with slight forward/backward motion of the tractor.​
Use of the loader bucket lip engaged with ground can allow deft f/b movement and lifting the front of the tractor variable amounts affects the height and attitude of the back as well. ... I often find that valuable.
- - That grinder with a flap dsk to take off sharp mating corners would probably help more than one might foresee.​

/ OK so what's the drill? How do I get this @#$*&^+ back hoe back on the tractor? #15  

Do you have a MMM ? If so there’s a short drawbar that needs to be put in to keep lower lift linkage out of the way of the lower bh receiving hooks/saddle.

/ OK so what's the drill? How do I get this @#$*&^+ back hoe back on the tractor? #16  

And yet - people still wonder why so many leave the backhoe attachment in storage once its been removed...............

/ OK so what's the drill? How do I get this @#$*&^+ back hoe back on the tractor?

Raise the stabilizers to lower the BH onto the hooks not the BOOM or bucket. Once on the hooks now boom down to line up pins. :thumbsup:

I'm gonna try that today but with the dolly I was hoping I could just rotate it into the hooks with the boom but geometry doesn't seem quite right for that. Since the stabilers are independent and not well controlled it's a pain getting both pins in the hooks at once. From the ground last time I got it all twisted up with one pin in and the other out. That made for a real mess which is why I built the dolly. What they should do is get the guy who designed this mess and make him mount a hundred backhoes sitting on the ground in different situations. Then maybe he'd come up with something not as ornery or difficult to pull off as this is. Not everyone has a garage with a dead flat concrete floor to work with. Some of us have sheds with gravel or dirt floors while others don't even have that much.

/ OK so what's the drill? How do I get this @#$*&^+ back hoe back on the tractor? #18  

I would agree with Spyder chamfering sharp edges makes things go a lot smoother for me. And also cuts down on the amount of time my neighbors have to keep their kids indoors so they don't hear the screaming profanity.

I wish I could give more help.
Good luck

/ OK so what's the drill? How do I get this @#$*&^+ back hoe back on the tractor?

My subframe had guide wedges. You probably had +- 3/4 inch. Backing with that tolerance is pretty easy.

Mine seems tighter than that plus there is a bunch of pins and such for the 3pt in the way, backing while looking down into that black hole doesn't help much either.

/ OK so what's the drill? How do I get this @#$*&^+ back hoe back on the tractor? #20  

I hate to even bring this up, but have you read the instructions provided with the hoe?