OK so what's the drill? How do I get this @#$*&^+ back hoe back on the tractor?

/ OK so what's the drill? How do I get this @#$*&^+ back hoe back on the tractor? #1  

dickfoster

Elite Member
Tractor
Mahindra 1538TLB
First time I took it off I put it on the ground and I liked to never got the dayum thing back on. So I built a dolly, twice in fact. I thought I had the geometry figured out and the backhoe deal licked. I went to put the hoe on today to dig some foundation trenches. I thought it was gonna take maybe 5 minutes. NOT!! Ever who dreamed up the geometry for this &*)$ # thing is one evil SOB and I'd like about 5 minutes with him out behind the barn. I thought it was gonna be a lot easier pushing the backhoe on a dolly up to the tractor instead of trying to back the tractor up within 1/8" of dead center. I get the pins dead center right over the bottom hooks but when I go to rotate the hoe, rotating the pins down to catch in the hooks with the boom the dayum guides for the upper pin deal push it right off. I got PO'd after about two hours of tying this and that and conceded round one. It's just gotta be easier than this. I'm getting ready to take a grinder and cut off wheel to those guides, get the welder and do something else. I know I'm gonna feel really stupid when someone tells me what I'm doing wrong but I don't care, go ahead and lay it to me. It'll be cheap at twice the price. It's a 1538 with the 1538 hoe made by KMW. Dave here's your chance.

/ OK so what's the drill? How do I get this @#$*&^+ back hoe back on the tractor? #2  
Re: OK so what's the drill? How do I get this @#$*&^+ back hoe back on the tractor?

I have a BH77 on my Kubota.. I think I can visualize what's happening on yours.. I would get the lower pins set in the cradle. ..keeping the boom at a low angle and then tip it back while at the same time pushing downward on the assembly ( keeping pressure downward on the lower pins ) .. mine can be a bit of a geometry puzzle when the stabilizers settle and the hoe is on the ground.. having it lined up straight is a must to re attach .

/ OK so what's the drill? How do I get this @#$*&^+ back hoe back on the tractor? #3  
Re: OK so what's the drill? How do I get this @#$*&^+ back hoe back on the tractor?

i feel for you dick - reason i never removed my bucket. the midmower is a bear believe it or not..... hope you get it happening.

/ OK so what's the drill? How do I get this @#$*&^+ back hoe back on the tractor?

I have a BH77 on my Kubota.. I think I can visualize what's happening on yours.. I would get the lower pins set in the cradle. ..keeping the boom at a low angle and then tip it back while at the same time pushing downward on the assembly ( keeping pressure downward on the lower pins ) .. mine can be a bit of a geometry puzzle when the stabilizers settle and the hoe is on the ground.. having it lined up straight is a must to re attach .

That's my problem. If I could get the stinkin pins down in the hooks I'd sail right along but the geometry of this stinkin thing won't let that happen. They've got these guides welded to plates where the upper retaining pins go that hang up when I try to rotate the hoe so the pins drop in the hooks and it pushes the hoe back and right off the top of the hooks. Then I'm back were I started. Instead of helping, the way they are, the guides are kicking my butt. Maybe my dolly is still too high and the geometry isn't working out. However I got the dayum thing off and on the dolly with no sweat so one would think it would go right back on in the same fashion. It's been some months though. I didn't want to be pushing snow around with the backhoe hanging on it.

/ OK so what's the drill? How do I get this @#$*&^+ back hoe back on the tractor? #5  

i have a 2555 with the 65B hoe. on the tractor it has a cradle hook on each side by the tires and then the top two mounts are like this ]. and the the hoe slips in. if i get a chance i will take pics this weekend. i can get mine on in about 10 maybe 15 minutes tops. i dont use a dolly. i use the stabilzers to get the lower mounts lined up and then raise the stabilizers until the lower hoe mounts sit in the cradle fully, then i move the boom in or out to push the top mounts in. i have gotten pretty good at it and can mount/dismount on unlevel ground too.

/ OK so what's the drill? How do I get this @#$*&^+ back hoe back on the tractor?

Have you tried watching some of the youTube videos to get a feel for the proper technique?

Maybe this one: How to remove a backhoe from a Mahindra Tractor - YouTube

I can get it off no problem it's getting back on that's a bear. I thought the dolly would make it easier but so far not happening. I can't figure some coming off so easy being such a huge PITA going back on. There's gotta be easier ways to do this but I guess no one is working on it.

/ OK so what's the drill? How do I get this @#$*&^+ back hoe back on the tractor? #8  

I’m not familiar with your setup but putting the backhoe on my Kubota was easy. Lift the backhoe up with the stabilizers and lift the boom up which actually tips the mount forward. Back the tractor under the lower pins and lift the stabilizers off the ground and push the boom down. That’ll bring all 4 points off the 4 point mount in contact. Tweak it a little bit to get the pins in and your good to go. It was literally a 10 minute or less job. Under 5 minutes on concrete.

/ OK so what's the drill? How do I get this @#$*&^+ back hoe back on the tractor? #9  

I’m not familiar with your setup but putting the backhoe on my Kubota was easy. Lift the backhoe up with the stabilizers and lift the boom up which actually tips the mount forward. Back the tractor under the lower pins and lift the stabilizers off the ground and push the boom down. That’ll bring all 4 points off the 4 point mount in contact. Tweak it a little bit to get the pins in and your good to go. It was literally a 10 minute or less job. Under 5 minutes on concrete.
Same here with my Kubota. Maybe 15 min tops.

That's about how it went when I dropped it on the ground before. But backing into it was a real pain and it didn't go well at all so I tried building a dolly. Unfortunately there is no standard backhoe hookup so no standard dolly. Everyone is too friggin busy protecting their little bits of turf.