Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Silver Member
    Tractor
    JD 4720

Default MF 3600 Series

I am looking at a Challenger MT 335B (65 pto) which is a rebadged MF 3635 and want to know why MF stopped making them or of any known problems.
    Thank you for your time.

Tractor
    MF 1635 12x12 Powershuttle

Default Re: MF 3600 Series

They were an Italian built tractor, with a SISU engine. My local dealer refused to sell them due to many issues.

BUT there is a top quality replacement coming, this fall. It will be full power shuttle too!
    Thanks,

Will

I do not care if someone's net nanny is watching!! You need to stop...

Tractor
    MF 135 Z134 Continental, MF 1660 Cab

They sure are close-lipped about the upcoming lines of tractors, I've been searching for any hint of what to expect and so far haven't been able to find anything. Even dealers aren't saying a lot. I understand why with inventory left to move but it's June, Fall isn't that far off.

Gittyup, curious minds want to know!

Tractor
    2010 Massey Ferguson 1652

I've been waiting to see what they're releasing as well and nothing is out there. Not even a hint or teaser add. The local MF dealer looks like a ghost town with minimal product on the lot.

Tractor
    MF 285 Long 560 MF2670 CX100

The 3600s had a lot of problems and i personally wouldnt sell them. The new line of MF that are coming out are quit nice and I think everyone will like them.
    I can fix anything from a broken heart to the crack of dawn.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    JD 4720

Thank you for the insight, can you give detail on the problems? This one has the power shuttle, MFD, no loader, and 1250 hrs.

The mechanical shuttles have been very reliable - the powershutlles work fine after the bugs get repaired - most of the repairs were field campaigned - get a s/n and ask a dealer if all the FC's for that s/n have been perofrmed.

Tractor
    MF 285 Long 560 MF2670 CX100

Quote Originally Posted by Turkeyman View Post
    Thank you for the insight, can you give detail on the problems? This one has the power shuttle, MFD, no loader, and 1250 hrs.
    Sorry, ive been away for a while. We have had a lot of problems with the power shuttle and relays on the 3600s. Also a fell hydraulic issues. One of my customers had his in the shop multiple times last year and it was something different each time. He finally sold it and got a 5400.
    I can fix anything from a broken heart to the crack of dawn.

Tractor
    MF 3635

Hi All, I have a MF 3635 with power shuttle & Loader bought new in 2009. It has been faulty with temp and transmission warning alarms since new. The dealer has not been able to fix under warranty and now is charging big $ for changing relay's and just trying things it seems without any real idea of what to do. I have heard this model is a lemon and my experience is similar to above. Also believe the model is discontinued however it is still on the Australian AGCO MF site as a current model, but is not on the US AGCO site any more? It appears that Parent MF cannot support the dealer with a comprehensive manual and support for interpreting the fault codes and then how to fix. Does this ring true. I am now trying to work out how long to persist with resolving the issues or sell and cut my losses. I would prefer to resolve and keep the tractor.

Tractor
    MF 5435, MF 165

If it's been a recuring problem since new you should be able to get it taken care of by AGCO. I would make a little noise with the dealer. They should take care of you. Manuals and support are still available in North America and should be over there to. There were some updates on them that took care of most of the issues.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast