1600 series tractors

/ 1600 series tractors #11  
I hear you on the HST harmonics issue. That's the one gripe I have about Hydros (from any manufacturer). I owned a TYM Hydro a few years ago, and while it was a handy little tractor, the Hydro noise was very annoying. My 1643 is a little quieter than that, which I'm thankful for, but it still isn't as quiet as a gear transmission (which is pretty much silent).

Please don't get the idea that I'm bagging on MF for its 1700 series. It's clear that the government is driving many of these changes (with respect to the emissions requirements anyway). Personally, I think MF and JD are the frontrunners in the compact tractor class and that's due to their R&D, which has led to a better tractor. My 1540 was an outstanding tractor and I think this 1643 is even better in some respects.

/ 1600 series tractors #12  
I appreciate the need for coming to grips on our emissions, I think the government has an unpleasant task anytime something so unpopular becomes necessary.

I think all manufacturers will be looking to conquer the harmonics issue with HSTs, an outstanding transmission and we didn't mind the 1643, 1648 and 1652 my wife and I drove. The noise was noticeable but not something I would classify as "noisy". We have test driven different makes that seemed considerably noisier but when I compared their advertised db ratings they were all fairly close; MF was still among the quieter we had test drove. If my wife had an issue driving the QPS we would have stuck with the 1652 HST without any problem, the difference in price between the two at my time of purchase made getting the extra 8HP a no-brainer.

/ 1600 series tractors #13  
I test drove a JD 4520 earlier this year and the e-Hydro was actually pretty quiet...for a hydro. My 1643 is slightly louder than that. It isn't bad, it just isn't as quiet as a gear transmission.

Overall I really like my 1643 Hydro. Kudos to MF for designing and building such a quality tractor. It might be the best looking tractor out there, too.

/ 1600 series tractors #14  
I am glad I got the 1648, without the full blown Tier IV stuff. That tractor is great, and I agree, Kudos to MF!!!

/ 1600 series tractors #15  
I really wish the fuel tank was under the step on the 1600 series. A much better location.

/ 1600 series tractors #17  
I really wish the fuel tank was under the step on the 1600 series. A much better location.
It would be easier to fill, no doubt, but the trade-off is having it in a spot that could lead to it being damaged.

/ 1600 series tractors #18  
The fuel tanks are mounted below the step on the bigger tractors. I would have zero worries about it.

/ 1600 series tractors #19  
I spend a lot of time in the woods, around stumps, fallen trees etc. I don't use it as an Ag tractor so much although I may use it to hay in the future. I'm always careful but my only concern would be that "oops I didn't see it" stump / rock etc.

I can't believe MF engineers, appreciating the various types of use for these tractors, wouldn't have considered the possibility of damage when determining placement of the tank, I'm sure it's well protected. It would be nice not to have to reach over the loader to fuel.

/ 1600 series tractors #20  
Not sure what size you're looking at, 1600 series are probably getting harder to find depending on the HP range and I'm uncertain of the availability of the 1700 series just yet.

I'm looking forward to someone posting photos of the comparable 1700 series tractor to my 1660.

spoke to my dealer a couple weeks ago and he is expecting delivery of a 1749 and 1759 sometime in January. I believe he said both have cabs. I think one is sold so I would have to time it right to see both. looking seriously at a 5055E John Deere. Weighs in about 900 lbs more than the 1759. Haven't seen either first hand. Doing some more investigation on the tier iv emissions. Someone advised to ask about all the service intervals and related cost in regards to tier iv emissions and I need to follow up on that before I make a final decision

namyessam