Price Advice

/ Price Advice #11  
Buy it from the local dealer. You are gonna hate driving that distance when you need service parts.

/ Price Advice #12  
GC1720 TLB "New"
5ft Grader Blade
Backhoe Thumb "Mechanical"
Filled Tires in the Rear (How do I check that)?

That's a mid 20hp tractor. I bought a 41hp Yanmar for $18,500 with FEL.

Backhoes on machines that size are nearly useless. Just way too small and underpowered to do much. (I had a Bushhog unit on my previous 33hp NH). Save your money and rent/hire a real backhoe to do your work.

To check whether your tires are filled, simply get the tire with the pressure valve somewhat below the 9-3 o'clock position, and push in on the valve stem.....the fluid will spray out.

Price things like filters/common parts too.....I've always found MF to be high on parts.

/ Price Advice

Backhoes on machines that size are nearly useless. Just way too small and underpowered to do much. (I had a Bushhog unit on my previous 33hp NH). Save your money and rent/hire a real backhoe to do your work.

To check whether your tires are filled, simply get the tire with the pressure valve somewhat below the 9-3 o'clock position, and push in on the valve stem.....the fluid will spray out.

Price things like filters/common parts too.....I've always found MF to be high on parts.

As much as I love the idea of a larger tractor, I really need the backhoe for what I have to do around the property. Even if I have to take twice as long to do it, I can't afford a tractor payment and then to rent or pay someone to do the digging I need done. Plus, I'm retired, so what else do I have to do all day, except play on a very expensive toy that is going to make my back, knees and mind better. Some of the best memories I have are from operating a backhoe. Just get into a rhythm and enjoy watching the progress, even if it's slow.

/ Price Advice #14  
Have you looked at Branson Tractors in your area?

/ Price Advice
I did, but can't seem to get a hold of the local dealer.

Plus, I can't seem to find any information about price and such.

/ Price Advice #16  

. . . . .

1. A nice thing about Massey gc1700 series parts is compatible filters and fluids are easily available at Napa and O'Reilly locations.

2. The concept of backhoes on scuts is quite desireable by quite a few. They offer a high degree of manueverability in tight locations AND those backhoes are used for morevthan just digging dirt. The concept they are "almost useless" is not supported by many. As an example . . Kubota dealers report 25 to 30 percent of theirvbx sales are bx25 units. And the Massey gc1710 and gc1720 have been both capable and productive choices by users at dealerships and on TBN. An extra benefit the Massey backhoes offer is they can come with 3pt hitches as well as backhoes and the 3pt. Doesn't need to be removed is my understanding.