Refurbishing my Z145 135

/ Refurbishing my Z145 135
Dash Finished

Well I finally got the dash finished. All the wiring run to the gauges. Just mounted the refurbished steering wheel. It cleaned up nicely. I put a new wheel nut and washer to finish it off. Most everything on the dash is new. The wiring needs to be finished taped up and secured.

View attachment 301569 View attachment 301570 View attachment 301571

/ Refurbishing my Z145 135 #232  
Kid,

Just read the whole thread on your rebuild, gave me some great ideas.
and a lot of questions on "how to" how did you etc.
probably be hitting you up with some of these questions from time to time.
Got me hanging on waiting for the next update,
Can't wait to see this "New" 48 year old when she is finished.

Keep up the great work both on the tractor and the posts
Mike

/ Refurbishing my Z145 135 #233  
Kid, where does the oil pressure guage ride when you start the tractor? BobG in VA

Kid,

Just read the whole thread on your rebuild, gave me some great ideas.
and a lot of questions on "how to" how did you etc.
probably be hitting you up with some of these questions from time to time.
Got me hanging on waiting for the next update,
Can't wait to see this "New" 48 year old when she is finished.

Keep up the great work both on the tractor and the posts
Mike

I can't wait either Mike. Right now it's a bit too cool here to shoot lacquer. So I'm finishing up on a few small stuff right now. hope to put up some more pictures very soon. I ordered some custom Acrylic Enamel from Sherwin Williams and the sheen just wasn't to my liking. So I'm giving it about three coats of clear acrylic lacquer and wet sanding before each coat. Looks like new money.. :)

Message posted with TractorByNet v1.6.2 for iPad

Kid, where does the oil pressure guage ride when you start the tractor? BobG in VA

Bob, when I first start up it's around 3/4 scale and drops just a tad when the engine is hot.

great job!!!!!!

Thanks John. I keep thinking of other things to modify or redo keeps setting me back. Waiting on a bit of 60 degree weather or higher to shoot some more clear lacquer. Putting the red sheet metal back on is what's getting me excited. More to come. -robert

/ Refurbishing my Z145 135 #238  
Just been browsing your thread, nice work! I hope to one day be able to do this to mine. I at minimum need to replace all my gauges and wiring like you have.

Glad to see someone else with the same seat as I put on mine. HUGE difference in ride.

Just been browsing your thread, nice work! I hope to one day be able to do this to mine. I at minimum need to replace all my gauges and wiring like you have.

Glad to see someone else with the same seat as I put on mine. HUGE difference in ride.

Mitch, it does indeed make a huge difference in ride. MF'S offered as an option a spring seat without arm rest. The bucket that came on mine was rusted out. The cost of replacing the bucket seat with new pads was about the same price if not more than the one like yours and mine. I think I'm going to mount a slow moving triangle sign on the back of it. I've added a flasher circuit for the rear caution lights in case I ever or whoever needs to take it out on the road.

/ Refurbishing my Z145 135 #240  
believe it or not that screen is a 10 micron screen, as good as a fuel injection filter.