What are the differences between a MF 135 "special" and the MF 135 "deluxe"

/ What are the differences between a MF 135 "special" and the MF 135 "deluxe" #31  
Re: What are the differences between a MF 135 "special" and the MF 135 "deluxe"

Have you ever priced rebuilding a Continental vs Perkins Diesel? Have you priced a set of injectors vs plugs and a carb kit? Don't get me wrong here. The Perkins diesel is the gold standard of the 135's but when trouble comes up they can be pricy. Have you priced a Perkins piston vs Continental?

Yes, but a diesel will out last a gasser 3 to 1 easy

/ What are the differences between a MF 135 "special" and the MF 135 "deluxe" #32  
murphy1244 said:
Yes, but a diesel will out last a gasser 3 to 1 easy

I don't buy into that. If any vehicle is properly maintained they will be around a long long time. Be it diesel or gas.

/ What are the differences between a MF 135 "special" and the MF 135 "deluxe" #33  

SDT...I think you must be thinking about the Z129 and Z134 blocks...I'm not aware of any such pervasive problem with the Z145. Pls show imperical data that is "well known" on the Z145 if you have it. BobG in VA

Note the quote that you posted.

Read each word.

Note "Continentals."

No where will you find reference to 145s as the jury is still out.

If you have been around vintage tractors for as long as I have, you will, however, find many Continentals with through bolts between cylinders 2 and 3 holding the blocks together, e.g., MH 44, Ferguson 20/30, etc.

SDT

/ What are the differences between a MF 135 "special" and the MF 135 "deluxe" #34  

Note the quote that you posted.

Read each word.

Note "Continentals."

No where will you find reference to 145s as the jury is still out.

If you have been around vintage tractors for as long as I have, you will, however, find many Continentals with through bolts between cylinders 2 and 3 holding the blocks together, e.g., MH 44, Ferguson 20/30, etc.

SDT

Surely you jest Mr. Kubota.....since ALL the Deluxe(s) with Continentals were Z145s. Thought maybe you didn't know that....and for Heaven's sake, pls don't make such sweeping statements as you did...because in 40 or 50 years your Kubota may be extinct... and it seems the jury may be out for quite a few more years about the Z145s...suggest this ends this part of the conversation. BobG in VA

/ What are the differences between a MF 135 "special" and the MF 135 "deluxe" #35  

Surely you jest Mr. Kubota.....since ALL the Deluxe(s) with Continentals were Z145s. Thought maybe you didn't know that....and for Heaven's sake, pls don't make such sweeping statements as you did...because in 40 or 50 years your Kubota may be extinct... and it seems the jury may be out for quite a few more years about the Z145s...suggest this ends this part of the conversation. BobG in VA

I think we've strayed from the topic at hand. The difference between Deluxe and Special versions of 135's. :whistleblower:

/ What are the differences between a MF 135 "special" and the MF 135 "deluxe" #36  

Kid, you maybe right about straying...however, I just wanted to point out one of the differences is that all the 135 Deluxes' with Cont. engines had the Cont. Z145 engine. And also that none of the Specials had the Perkins engine., and with good maintenance they would last 3 times as long..AND it wasn't me that wanted to tell everyone that TO30/TO35s and 135 Specials had Cont. engine blocks that were prone to crack...SOOO we better tell those million or so folks out that that still have/use those old 60 year old tractors that they better sell them to me...cheap. I guess that also means that the Perkins folks better put those old sucka's in their wills as they gonna last at least 180 years... Just a "grin"... Adios amigo....BobG in VA

/ What are the differences between a MF 135 "special" and the MF 135 "deluxe"

I think we've strayed from the topic at hand. The difference between Deluxe and Special versions of 135's. :whistleblower:

I agree Kid and well said BobG, and for what it's worth, we own 4 diesels and they do cost more to repair. Enough said.

:tractor:--MasseyLady

/ What are the differences between a MF 135 "special" and the MF 135 "deluxe" #38  

Hey guys 'n gals. The way I see it is diesels use less fuel and also create more power, higher btus, than gas so they are more efficient. They were more popular when there was a bigger difference in price per gallon (or litre). Diesel higher compression, gas higher revs. Maintenance is a big part of it on both sides. I have a MF 135 ad152, works great. Also to say I haven't dealt with the gas versions so I can't comment on them. But found out today they don't give up very easy.
I have used it with a 6' bush hog to cut down 6' burdock and thistles growing tighter than corn (should have took pictures), and she worked well. Ran it in low 1.

/ What are the differences between a MF 135 "special" and the MF 135 "deluxe" #39  

Hey guys 'n gals. The way I see it is diesels use less fuel and also create more power, higher btus, than gas so they are more efficient. They were more popular when there was a bigger difference in price per gallon (or litre). Diesel higher compression, gas higher revs. Maintenance is a big part of it on both sides. I have a MF 135 ad152, works great. Also to say I haven't dealt with the gas versions so I can't comment on them. But found out today they don't give up very easy.
I have used it with a 6' bush hog to cut down 6' burdock and thistles growing tighter than corn (should have took pictures), and she worked well. Ran it in low 1.