How to repair leak on GC2310

/ How to repair leak on GC2310 #11  
Steering wheel controller is going to cost around $850. Better hope we never need one.

/ How to repair leak on GC2310 #12  
Does anyone have the instructions for repairing the steering controller. My dealer sent me a reseal kit ($54.00) and told me that the seals could be changed.

/ How to repair leak on GC2310 #13  
It's good to know that a seal kit is available for the steering control--however, although the service manual does cover removal of the controller, it has no details at all on disassembly/repair of the device itself....

/ How to repair leak on GC2310 #14  
That is why we have service techs. They are required to have training every year. We have at least one in a class every month.

/ How to repair leak on GC2310 #15  
I had the same problem wit my tractor. 200hours. 700 dollar out of pocket fix at the dealership.

If I would have known that it would not be covered, I would have bought the 70 dollar seal kit and done it myself.

/ How to repair leak on GC2310 #16  
Hi there,

I have the exact same leak and my steering box looks just like the photo posted above by ad11ad. I have called my dealer and they were unable to look up an info on this steering box. Can someone post the part number(s) for the seal kit and also comment if it is a do it yourself project for a non professional but very competent guy with lots of mechanical experience but no hydraulic experience. Perhaps there is a tear down photo and/or procedure someone would be kind enough to post....

I too used my steering wheel as a handle when getting on/off the tractor... won't be doing that anymore.

I will continue to use the tractor since it is leaking enough to be annoying but not much more then a mess (little dripping).

/ How to repair leak on GC2310 #17  
My dealer was able to send me a schematic of the unit and it was no problem to change the seal out.

/ How to repair leak on GC2310 #18  
It is unfortunate that manufacturers do not warn users against the "pulling on the steering wheel to mount" issue.

That could save at least some, (those who actually read the cautions page in the manual), from this hassle.

Hopefully, we have prevented a few over the years, on here.

I would have probably been there myself, had I not seen steering column damage over the years in our shop, from people doing it to cars and trucks.

/ How to repair leak on GC2310 #19  
I'm sure I caused mine to start leaking, as I used to hang the steering wheel to pickup toys in the yard, while mowing. After the first summer of mowing, I noticed the steering wheel was really loose, as I had ripped the nylon/rubbert bushings which hold the steering cylinder to the frame. I changed them when I replace the leaking seals. I have never done this with my new 2610 and always make sure anyone who borrows it does not use the wheel to get on and off.

/ How to repair leak on GC2310 #20  
Ray- I count myself one of the lucky ones who learned --on this forum-- about the steering wheel issue. No worries, no leaks @ 150 hrs!