How to repair leak on GC2310

/ How to repair leak on GC2310 #42  
For starters, are you missing where the removal process is described in this thread?

Thanks for the friendly advice. Any suggestions for those of us who don't own a gear puller?

Last edited:
   / How to repair leak on GC2310 #43  
Thanks for the friendly advice. Any suggestions for those of us who don't own a gear puller?

Rent one.

Any parts store, or rental center has these for rent.

Chinese knock offs are also cheap to buy.

/ How to repair leak on GC2310 #44  
Thanks Ray. Would never have thought that a steering wheel could be this difficult to get off.

/ How to repair leak on GC2310 #45  
They generally are tightly fitted.

On cars, and trucks, I loosen the nut until it is about 1 turn away from coming off, and then I have someone give the nut a wrap with a hammer, while I am pulling on the wheel with both hands. They usually pop right off.

Unfortunately, ....that will very likely damage this type of valve system. :(

/ How to repair leak on GC2310 #46  
I fixed my leaky steering controller yesterday on my 2310 and I used a bolt puller to remove the steering wheel. When you remove the hub cover there are 3 holes that you can put 1/4 inch bolts through I used 3" long bolts and put nuts on the underside of the wheel and pull. I also replaced the 8 rubber isolators with the 2 isolators that are on the newer 24-26xx Much easier and cheaper to install.

Doug
670 hrs now with 3000 RPM throttle

/ How to repair leak on GC2310 #47  
Sorry to ask a new question in the middle of this discussion. But with all of these Leaky GC2310's I can't pass up this importunity. Can you check Transmission Oil level without pulling the backhoe? I, for the first time tonight, tried to see the sight glass and it was behind the backhoe.

/ How to repair leak on GC2310 #48  
kentmatlack-- Using a flashlight, there IS one particular spot you can crouch, hit just the right viewing angle, and you can, in fact, see the sight glass with the backhoe on, through the various gaps in all that red steel. But it's a bugger to find it! Once you know where it is, however, you won't have any problems. Just get down there and move around as you look. You'll find it eventually.

/ How to repair leak on GC2310 #49  
Sorry to ask a new question

In the middle of this discussion. But with all of these Leaky GC2310's I can't pass up this importunity. Can you check Transmission Oil level without pulling the backhoe? I, for the first time tonight, tried to see the sight glass and it was behind the backhoe.

You can also pull the pins, and use the boom to let the upper backhoe move attachment area move away, leaving the lower attachment points in the cradle. This will open a gap between the upper rear area of the tractor, and the backhoe, allowing you to get in there.

In the future, don't be shy about starting a new thread with your question. It would be more difficult for anyone searching later for the same answer, to find it buried in a thread with a completely different title.

Plus you may get more responses, if people can see your question in the title.

/ How to repair leak on GC2310 #50  
Ok, understand about the post. I should be able to follow your comment. will reply also to the other string.