GC2410 TACH DRIVE STILL A PROBLEM IN SUB ZERO

/ GC2410 TACH DRIVE STILL A PROBLEM IN SUB ZERO #41  
I put the tape on the holes and it quit, I removed the tape, and it was squealing within 10 minutes, I put the tape back on, and it hasn't done it since.

As I posted earlier, I'm going to get magnetic calenders/signs, and use them in the wintertime.

They make magnetic vinyl covers for home heat registers, which would be about the right size. (Home Depot has them).

You could also use aluminum foil tape. That's what we use on aircraft. It can be applied in cold weather, and removes cleanly and fairly easily. (I usually leave one edge folded over, to give you a tab to pull it off by). A little heat from a heat gun makes it come off even easier.

/ GC2410 TACH DRIVE STILL A PROBLEM IN SUB ZERO #42  
They make magnetic vinyl covers for home heat registers, which would be about the right size. (Home Depot has them).

You could also use aluminum foil tape. That's what we use on aircraft. It can be applied in cold weather, and removes cleanly and fairly easily. (I usually leave one edge folded over, to give you a tab to pull it off by). A little heat from a heat gun makes it come off even easier.
Thank you.

/ GC2410 TACH DRIVE STILL A PROBLEM IN SUB ZERO #43  
Since the current theory here is the problem is draft induced, I would like to offer some alternate ideas to fix it.

They do sell 12 volt, low wattage heating cable by the foot, and also make small 12 volt silicone heating pads.

OEM Heaters - FreezeStop 12V Heat Cable
OEM Heaters - Silicone Rubber Heaters

Or, perhaps just insulating the offending area with some type of foil covered foam tape, or similar product, could also be tried.

/ GC2410 TACH DRIVE STILL A PROBLEM IN SUB ZERO
well, the weather has warmed up sufficiently that this design defect should not be a problem for another 9 or 10 months.

Thank you to all the members whose input has shed so much light on the subject, no thanks to mf/agco who seem to have gone to great lengths to ignore the problem. keep treating your customers like ****, it will get around.