GC1705 - DL100 - Float Position

/ GC1705 - DL100 - Float Position #1  

ChrisInKY

Tractor
MF GC1705
I can't seem to find the "notch" they speak of for the float function for the joystick, can anyone help me out? The manual also says if you can't find it, there may be adjustments needed. Any ideas?

Chris

/ GC1705 - DL100 - Float Position #2  
When they are new, it can be hard to get it to go in.

Push forward on the knob, until you feel it stop. Then push against that stop. When you fell it give way, you are in the float mode.

The float on the backhoe is even harder to engage.

/ GC1705 - DL100 - Float Position #3  

Push forward on the knob, until you feel it stop. Then push against that stop. When you fell it give way, you are in the float mode.

Can you explain how to engage float on CB05 backhoe and what exactly does it do? Owners manual says nothing about it.

/ GC1705 - DL100 - Float Position #4  
Can you explain how to engage float on CB05 backhoe and what exactly does it do? Owners manual says nothing about it.

The float on the backhoe allows the bucket to float along the bottom of the hole.

I haven't used mine in a long time, so I can't remember which side it's on. But, I think it was the right side.

If you keep pull the stick towards you, to the stop, and keep pulling, you will feel it engage.

If you dig a hole at maximum depth, you can engage it fairly easily. That is the first time mine engaged.

/ GC1705 - DL100 - Float Position #5  

Thanks Ray66v! I can't wait to try this now. The manual doesn't say anything about it, well, at least I couldn't find it in there. There is a symbol on the dash that looks like "float" but doesn't say how to get there. Thank you!

/ GC1705 - DL100 - Float Position #6  
It should be there, if they did not change anything since they made mine.

It wasn't in my manual either. I found it one day, while digging.

/ GC1705 - DL100 - Float Position #7  
Ray, I tried this last night and I must be doing something wrong. When I push the joystick forward the bucket lowers but once it hits ground it raises the tractor. Even continuing will cause the hydraulic pump to squeal when the cylinders reach end of stroke. :(

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ GC1705 - DL100 - Float Position #8  
Ray, I tried this last night and I must be doing something wrong. When I push the joystick forward the bucket lowers but once it hits ground it raises the tractor. Even continuing will cause the hydraulic pump to squeal when the cylinders reach end of stroke. :(

It will lift the tractor, until it releases. Then, the tractor will level out.

You are probably not pushing hard enough to move the stop.

Can you go to your dealer, and ask them to demonstrate it on one of theirs?

/ GC1705 - DL100 - Float Position #9  
It will lift the tractor, until it releases. Then, the tractor will level out. You are probably not pushing hard enough to move the stop. Can you go to your dealer, and ask them to demonstrate it on one of theirs?

Thanks, good suggestion, if pushing harder doesn't do it I will stop at dealer for demo.

/ GC1705 - DL100 - Float Position #10  
I revently got a GC1715 and couldn't find float on my tractor either went back to dealer he showed me it on a GC1720 it was easy. So I told him to show me on a 1715 he couldn't make it work either. If you get yours to work let me know how.