GC1705 - DL100 - Float Position

/ GC1705 - DL100 - Float Position #21  
I also use my float --a lot-- when snowblowing. Ray, are you saying the 2310 has a float in the backhoe, too? I never knew that. That would be handy! irvingj

/ GC1705 - DL100 - Float Position #22  
All the new GC's have float if it's got the factory valve. 1705, 1715, 1710 and the 1720. They're a bit tough to get in there at first. It's a pretty stiff detent. Push until you think the lever is going to break, it wont. I would try it with the machine off at first until you get it in there.

/ GC1705 - DL100 - Float Position #23  
I'll try it. Heck, it's still under warranty.

/ GC1705 - DL100 - Float Position #24  
All the new GC's have float if it's got the factory valve. 1705, 1715, 1710 and the 1720. They're a bit tough to get in there at first. It's a pretty stiff detent. Push until you think the lever is going to break, it wont. I would try it with the machine off at first until you get it in there.

I have found instead of just pushing it goes in easier if you do a quick jab with the lever.

/ GC1705 - DL100 - Float Position #25  
I have found instead of just pushing it goes in easier if you do a quick jab with the lever.

Watched my dealer do it with the larger DL130 loader/tractor Friday and it moved in with just one finger. Seems like M-F would try to make them all operate similarly...:confused3:

/ GC1705 - DL100 - Float Position #26  
I just tried it on mine if you jab it in real quick it goes THANKS!!! I will have to show the salesman sometime.

/ GC1705 - DL100 - Float Position #27  
I can't tell you how many times I have tried and thought it was going to break even the salesman couldn't make it work.

/ GC1705 - DL100 - Float Position #28  
I can't tell you how many times I have tried and thought it was going to break even the salesman couldn't make it work.

Same here. I just now got it. Thank you MFRED!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ GC1705 - DL100 - Float Position #29  
Yeah, you would think they could make them all work the same. I haven't seen a manufacturer yet do something that makes sense though. Probably different valves to do with flow volume, space requirements or something.

/ GC1705 - DL100 - Float Position #30  
Push until you think the lever is going to break, it wont.

You mean it won't break that day? :D

The levers do have a habit of breaking.

They stupidly made it thinner, right were all the stress is.

I have had to weld mine. :confused3:

If MFRED says it has a float, I am going with him. The dealer must be wrong, and also not able to engage it.