New GC 1705 Mirrors !

/ New GC 1705 Mirrors ! #1  

Blento

Tractor
Massey-ferguson GC1705 2017
Being a 75 year old I try not to look behind too often...it hurts!
Cannot believe that MF does not even offer a mirror option. Well I made my own:
DSC00207.JPG DSC00208.JPG

The mirrors are from Amazon, Jeep Wrangler Door off mirrors ($34.99) threw away the mounting brackets and had to drill a new hole in the arm so they would mount straight up. Used the existing hole on the FEL arm.
DSC00209.JPGDSC00210.JPG

Also moved my SMV triangle, put a 9 x 12 piece of 3/8 plywood in the manual pocket and removed the rivets on the sign and screwed it on.
DSC00206.JPG

I just cannot get the "engineer" out of my blood. So far I really am happy with this 1705, everything I need and more.

Got one more project, move the tail/signal lights inboard

I could not find any MF info on the weight of the FEL and bucket, I found a couple guesses on the forum, about 500#. Has anybody actually weighed it or found anything official. I do not plan on transporting it very often but was just trying to figure out if my single 2500# axle trailer would be OK for short trips........

/ New GC 1705 Mirrors ! #2  
Nice job on the Mods.

I always thought the shipping weights on the brochures were correct. GC1705 and GC1715....1433 lbs.....GC1710 and GC1720...2670 lbs.

/ New GC 1705 Mirrors !
Nice job on the Mods.

I always thought the shipping weights on the brochures were correct. GC1705 and GC1715....1433 lbs.....GC1710 and GC1720...2670 lbs.

The dealer told me the 1705 & 1715 weight was without the loader and the 1710 & 1720 was with just the backhoe because that is how they are shipped. He did not know what the FEL actually weighs.
Kinda strange that MF did not put the FEL with bucket weight in the brochures.

/ New GC 1705 Mirrors ! #4  
I like your mirror mod... I may do this myself. I don't think there is any way that your tractor with loader exceeds 2500lbs. the tractor alone is around 1,500 so I don't see how the loader by itslf could possibly be 1,000.

Your trailer should handle it with room to spare.

Welcome to TBN!

/ New GC 1705 Mirrors ! #5  
Benton,

My gc1715 is as others stated 1433 lbs. My bucket is 155 lbs. My filled rears adds 170 lbs (wheels and tires included in the 1433). The 1433 is a dry weight so you have to add the fluids weights. The fel is both the arms AND the stanchions and I'm told those together is another 425 lbs or so. I also have a fel quick attach which adds 77 lbs.

Then if you have a mom that's extra (mine is 235 lbs as a 54 inch mulched unit). Next I made a 3 pt weight bracket which is 95 lbs without any weights. I also have a front grill guard for another 28 lbs.

I would not haul my gc1715 with a 2500 Lb rated trailer for more than a mile or two with good heavy duty tires. It's not just the weight rating, it's the trailer flooring and framing quality that are important. Remember, all the weight sits on 4 tractor tires so your weight per square inch is the key (per square inch of tractor tire contact).

/ New GC 1705 Mirrors ! #6  
Benton,

I liked your mirrors very much. When you put your fel in float mode does your right hand hit the mirror?

I'm curious why you moved your triangle. What advantage does that give you?

/ New GC 1705 Mirrors !
Benton,

I liked your mirrors very much. When you put your fel in float mode does your right hand hit the mirror?

I'm curious why you moved your triangle. What advantage does that give you?

No, I made sure it was far enough to the side.

/ New GC 1705 Mirrors ! #8  
The mirrors are from Amazon, Jeep Wrangler Door off mirrors ($34.99) threw away the mounting brackets and had to drill a new hole in the arm so they would mount straight up. Used the existing hole on the FEL arm .

Do you have the asin or a link for the mirrors? I found this thread looking for gc1710 mirrors and would like to copy what you did.

/ New GC 1705 Mirrors ! #9  
No, I made sure it was far enough to the side.

Probably because he got tired of it scraping skin off arm every time he bailed off tractor and made hard left turn to go around behind.... Same reason I put a section of slotted rubber hose with zip ties on outer edge of mine....

Dale

/ New GC 1705 Mirrors ! #10  
Might want to move lights on ROPS inboard.... Engineer who designed them did not understand tree limbs.... New assemblies are $127 ... Don't ask....

Dale