MT372D - Full Time 4WD?

/ MT372D - Full Time 4WD? #1  

Frostbite

Tractor
Mitsubishi MT372D
Perhaps a foolish question but I just purchased a 372D (with FEL) and I was wondering if it can be switched from 2WD to 4WD, or is it simply full-time 4WD? It would be nice to switch to 2WD between tasks.

Thanks,

/ MT372D - Full Time 4WD? #2  
The MT372D is 4 wheel assist. It can, and should be run in 2wd when ever possible. There is (or should be) a lever on the right, by your ankle, that when pushed forward puts it in 4wd and when you pull it back, it is 2wd.

/ MT372D - Full Time 4WD?
Excellent. I tried that lever but it didn't seem to do anything, perhaps I was mistaken. I'll try again.

What is the difference between true 4wd and 4 wheel assist?

Thanks.

/ MT372D - Full Time 4WD? #4  
I don't know if there is a difference, but the driveline parts (my opinion) are not strong enough to run it in 4x4 all the time. Too much binding and stress. I only lock it in when I need extra traction or if I'm driving somewhere a little risky.
The photo attached shows (just barely) show the lever in the top edge on the screen on the right.

Attachments

• IMGP0095.JPG
    IMGP0095.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 354
It works now, and steers much easier BTW.

The last time I tried it I lifted the front wheels in the air with the loader and switched from 4WD-2WD, but the front wheels kept on spinning. I guess I didn't fully engage the lever. I originally thought that lever was a differential lock.

Thanks again.

HIjacking my own thread....

Is there any way to tell the year of manufacture? The former owner thought it was ~13 years old which I believe to be waaay off. I'm guessing it was built in the mid-late eighties.

/ MT372D - Full Time 4WD? #7  
I don't think there is anyway to tell the true age. What color is yours? Mine is blue and it was built, I believe, in the last 2 years that Mitsubishi sold here in the states. Bill at Valley Power has a pretty good idea when these models were built. I'm no expert. Just a hobby for me.
Valley Power

It's all white sheet metal with a blue engine/drivetrain. Rims are also white. I'll see if I can post a pic later today.

You'd think they'd stamp a date on there somewhere...

/ MT372D - Full Time 4WD? #9  
The lever on my S373D does not seem to disengage the front end.

I jacked it up and moved the lever around but the front wheels were still always engaged with the rear transission and will not turn on their own.

/ MT372D - Full Time 4WD? #10  
duwem,
It's been a while since I looked at the 4X4 lever on mine but if I remember correctly, there is a small roll-pin that connects the handle to the shaft. Take a look and make sure it hasn't sheared off.