need help finding a HYD tap adapter for a Satoh Beaver

/ need help finding a HYD tap adapter for a Satoh Beaver
I started making my own.... Took some measurements. I had a junk cylinder from an air compressor at work that already had one 3/8npt threaded hole. I lined up the cross hole and cut some meat out and marked my
Holes...

60a9f4d4.jpg

b98c3c9e.jpg

d999a21a.jpg

db06567d.jpg

eaa33048.jpg

Just gotta clean it up and run a pipe tap down it and I should be good to go.... Now I'm just waiting on my power beyond plug to show up...

/ need help finding a HYD tap adapter for a Satoh Beaver #22  
I started making my own.... Took some measurements. I had a junk cylinder from an air compressor at work that already had one 3/8npt threaded hole. I lined up the cross hole and cut some meat out and marked my
Holes...
Just gotta clean it up and run a pipe tap down it and I should be good to go....
Now I'm just waiting on my power beyond plug to show up...

Where will the plug be installed to convert this to the power beyond feature? The part you're making will have both a high pressure port to power the new valve and a return port to carry fluid to the reservoir from what the setup looks like.

I have a ways to go before I get into the hydraulics of this FEL and maybe by that time I'll know how this thing works. When the three point lever is in the down position or the neutral position, the pump is forcing fluid through that second hole in the original block to the reservoir (gearbox). So it seems that the hole that must be plugged is the return hole in the original block because internally the porting in the gearbox will allow fluid to drain from the three point piston side. With that hole blocked, is there really a need for both holes in the adapter that is being manufactured? It seems there would only need to be one port to transfer pressure to the loader valve. Unless of course the second port will also be a pressure port for some later application. And once connected to the loader valve, porting in that valve would dump pressure through a second drain line to the transmission/reservoir.

Wow, does any of that make sense. It confused me!

Where will the plug be installed to convert this to the power beyond feature? The part you're making will have both a high pressure port to power the new valve and a return port to carry fluid to the reservoir from what the setup looks like.

I have a ways to go before I get into the hydraulics of this FEL and maybe by that time I'll know how this thing works. When the three point lever is in the down position or the neutral position, the pump is forcing fluid through that second hole in the original block to the reservoir (gearbox). So it seems that the hole that must be plugged is the return hole in the original block because internally the porting in the gearbox will allow fluid to drain from the three point piston side. With that hole blocked, is there really a need for both holes in the adapter that is being manufactured? It seems there would only need to be one port to transfer pressure to the loader valve. Unless of course the second port will also be a pressure port for some later application. And once connected to the loader valve, porting in that valve would dump pressure through a second drain line to the transmission/reservoir.

Wow, does any of that make sense. It confused me!

The power beyond pulg goes into the new loader joystick valve. This is the way the original hyd adapters were it is no different that cutting the discharge of the pump, putting in a compression barb and adding a valve that way.

All the block does is creates a loop or a tee. Itflows out out the pump, into the joystick valve, then the three point valve. that is why I can't run a resevoir because the 'return' from the loader valve is still pressurized.

There is no return on the original block. There is a concave hole on the cap, that allows both holes on the line to connect. I'll get a pic of the outside of the factory line. It has both holes, but you can't see it from the tractor side of my pic. It was nothing but a factory access point instead of a hard line with one hole in it permantley mounted. I think you are thinking about it too hard.... lol

/ need help finding a HYD tap adapter for a Satoh Beaver #24  
The power beyond pulg goes into the new loader joystick valve. This is the way the original hyd adapters were it is no different that cutting the discharge of the pump, putting in a compression barb and adding a valve that way.

All the block does is creates a loop or a tee. Itflows out out the pump, into the joystick valve, then the three point valve. that is why I can't run a resevoir because the 'return' from the loader valve is still pressurized.

There is no return on the original block. There is a concave hole on the cap, that allows both holes on the line to connect. I'll get a pic of the outside of the factory line. It has both holes, but you can't see it from the tractor side of my pic. It was nothing but a factory access point instead of a hard line with one hole in it permantley mounted. I think you are thinking about it too hard.... lol

I believe where I am hung up on the whole deal is that when I raise the three point on my tractor, if I continue to force the lever into the lift position, the cylinder bottoms and the pump relief valve opens. Then in the neutral position, the high pressure obviously dumps (because the pump stops screaming) to the transmission/reservoir, and likewise in the down position because the implement on the three point drops by gravity. At that point does the pressure at that adapter not drop significantly? I might just make an adapter and install a pressure gauge on the thing so I can find out where I'm going wrong.

You stated, it flows out of the pump and into the joystick valve and then into the three point. I can see that happening if you splice into the pressure line ahead of the three point. But if the original pressure line is intact to the three point, then obviously pressure to the joystick will come from the new adapter. Then the flow is from pump to three point then through the adapter to the new valve. It's very simple if the pressure is always high at the adapter. Heck, I don't know. When you get the thing working maybe you can find time to sketch up a flow diagram so even I can understand. Thanks for your patience.

You stated, it flows out of the pump and into the joystick valve and then into the three point. I can see that happening if you splice into the pressure line ahead of the three point. But if the original pressure line is intact to the three point, then obviously pressure to the joystick will come from the new adapter. Then the flow is from pump to three point then through the adapter to the new valve. It's very simple if the pressure is always high at the adapter. Heck, I don't know. When you get the thing working maybe you can find time to sketch up a flow diagram so even I can understand. Thanks for your patience.

This adapter is ahead of the three point. I think that is where you are getting hung up. It enters the trans case (at the cap on the side). So with the new adapter. It flows out of the pump to the trans case. From there it is diverted to the loader valve, from the out of the loader valve to the backside of the Hyd adapter, into the trans case for the three point. Here are pics of the cap and the other side of the line...

9c5e1e1b.jpg

3a8a7074.jpg

So fluid comes from the pump to the right hole on the line. Now with no adapter it enters the concave cap to reach the hole on the left completing the pressure circuit to the three point.

So with the adapter, it flows from the pump to the right hole... Through the one port of the adapter to the loader valve. Out of the loader valve to the "return" of the Hyd block adapter then into the case for the three point completing the circuit. You aren't changing the flow, or operation of it. All you are doing is diverting the flow to an aux valve first..

Is it any clearer yet?

/ need help finding a HYD tap adapter for a Satoh Beaver #26  
Maybe I see the light now. Having never removed the pressure line, I thought the hole on the right lined up with a hole in the transmission case and fluid flowed directly into the valve assy. Now I see, the hole on the right must bolt up to a flat surface on the transmission. Then the existing cap with the concave hole just acts as a connection to the hole on the left and that's where the valve gets it's pressure from. Seems those Jap guys designed it that way so they could sell that extra cap to run other implements. Simple but effective. All the pressure drop I was worried about happens inside the valve assy in the transmission. This simply diverts flow to other valves etc before getting to the three point.

Thanks for your patience, now, I believe I can salvage my original design cap.

Maybe I see the light now. Having never removed the pressure line, I thought the hole on the right lined up with a hole in the transmission case and fluid flowed directly into the valve assy. Now I see, the hole on the right must bolt up to a flat surface on the transmission. Then the existing cap with the concave hole just acts as a connection to the hole on the left and that's where the valve gets it's pressure from. Seems those Jap guys designed it that way so they could sell that extra cap to run other implements. Simple but effective. All the pressure drop I was worried about happens inside the valve assy in the transmission. This simply diverts flow to other valves etc before getting to the three point.

Thanks for your patience, now, I believe I can salvage my original design cap.

I don't understand how you were trying to make one without ever removing the cap.... 2 minutes could have saved you alot of time...

/ need help finding a HYD tap adapter for a Satoh Beaver #28  
I knew I wasn't ready to remove the hydraulic plumbing at the time and found a chunk of metal, so figured to whittle it down a bit so it would be close when the time came. Now that I know how the whole deal works, I should be able to finish it up fairly quickly when the time comes.
I have most of the steel work done for the loader and soon will be looking into a shop that can break some sheet metal into the shape of the bucket I'm going to need. Just one piece at a time.

/ need help finding a HYD tap adapter for a Satoh Beaver #29  
I wonder how hard it would be to translate this part into CNC language.

/ need help finding a HYD tap adapter for a Satoh Beaver #30  
This is a fairly simple part. CNC technology could knock these things our very quickly. It's amazing enough to see what can be done with complicated parts, this would be a piece of cake. I wonder what one of these things would cost off the shelf from Mitsubishi or whatever outfit makes these?