Are Montana Tractors a well kept secret?? Reality check, please?

/ Are Montana Tractors a well kept secret?? Reality check, please? #11  
Not trying to sway you off montanna, But in it 45hp range I don't think there are very many tractors that can out-spec the kioti DK-45. Maybe it's the price diff that you were talking about?

I do like montanna tractors, I lookind at them hard when I was buying, what I don't like is the way their website is laid out. After 5min f looking I couldn't find the loader specs on the models you listed. They give the loader specs for all their 40 series tractors but not their 44 series??

/ Are Montana Tractors a well kept secret?? Reality check, please? #12  
I'm approaching 50 hours on my 2740 and think it's the best thing since sliced bread. I run a 5 foot rotary cutter, post hole digger with a 12 inch auger, and a box blade (not at the same time) :D with no problems. The price was great including a 16 foot trailer and the service couldn't be better from the gang in Benson.

Roland

/ Are Montana Tractors a well kept secret?? Reality check, please? #13  
I'm approaching 50 hours on my 2740 and think it's the best thing since sliced bread. I run a 5 foot rotary cutter, post hole digger with a 12 inch auger, and a box blade (not at the same time) :D with no problems. The price was great including a 16 foot trailer and the service couldn't be better from the gang in Benson.

Roland

I have always wondered....................what was the best thing before sliced bread:D

/ Are Montana Tractors a well kept secret?? Reality check, please? #14  
I have always wondered....................what was the best thing before sliced bread:D

Not having to slice it!!!!!!:cool:

/ Are Montana Tractors a well kept secret?? Reality check, please? #15  
We purchased a 4340C in November of 2008 from a dealer in Lockhart. We love the tractor, but the owner of the dealership has since passed away and I'm told his inventory was auctioned off. When we bought ours, the deciding factor was the amount of tractor for the price. We looked at EVERY brand of tractor available and drove practically all over Texas looking at them. When it came down to it, nobody could beat the Montana price for the same class of tractor. The closest match Kubota had was over $10,000 more than we paid WITHOUT a cab. That 0% financing for 60 months was also a big plus.

/ Are Montana Tractors a well kept secret?? Reality check, please? #16  
I was active duty USAF at Lindsey AS, Germany from 1987 - 1990. Any chance our paths crossed?

I apologize for this OT post. LHejl - you mentioning Lindsey AS brought back many memories. I am retired Army and was stationed at Mainz-Finthen from 85-87 and went to Lindsey almost every weekend. My now wife and I went to the "Cave" all the time for her to dance and me do my 12 oz curls!!

/ Are Montana Tractors a well kept secret?? Reality check, please? #17  
We purchased a 4340C in November of 2008 from a dealer in Lockhart. We love the tractor, but the owner of the dealership has since passed away and I'm told his inventory was auctioned off. When we bought ours, the deciding factor was the amount of tractor for the price. We looked at EVERY brand of tractor available and drove practically all over Texas looking at them. When it came down to it, nobody could beat the Montana price for the same class of tractor. The closest match Kubota had was over $10,000 more than we paid WITHOUT a cab. That 0% financing for 60 months was also a big plus.
I am shopping for a new tractor and checking out all brands. I found a new dealership in Giddings that sells Montana's. I told him I had never heard of this brand and he said that he got his start by buying the inventory from the Lockhart dealership when the owner passed away. What a coincidence that I saw your post. If you are interested in knowing more let me know.

/ Are Montana Tractors a well kept secret?? Reality check, please? #18  
I recently purchased a 2007 Montana T2734 from a private party - only 33 hours usage, and the price was right - just under $10K. The darn thing looked as if it had come out of the showroom. Since I live only 4 miles from the seller I decided to drive the tractor home. We checked all fluids before I left. After 3 1/2 miles in 2 -wheel drive at about 1/2 throttle the tractor stopped running after a loud bang from the engine.

I had the tractor hauled to the nearest dealer. It turned out that a piston-rod had pushed clear through the engine block. The dealer gave me an estimate of $7,712.13 for a new engine, including labor, salestax, and hauling the tractor to the dealership and back to my place. Originally they had hoped that Montana Tractors would cover this under warranty, but since the machine was 2 months out of warranty, Montana declined.

I found a brand new engine on-line at a dealer in AR for $2,000 less than my dealer in CA had quoted and bought it. My dealer here agreed to install it for the quoted installation cost of $850

I had faxed Montana Tractors and asked them to reconsider their denial of warranty, but they did not even bother to reply.

By now I wish that Montana Tractors would have been a well kept secret to me and that I would have never discovered them. Had anyone similar experiences with Montana or am I the only one?

/ Are Montana Tractors a well kept secret?? Reality check, please? #19  
33 hrs and it threw a rod? Did a oil pressure warning light come on or anything to give warning? Sounds like a lemon to me.

/ Are Montana Tractors a well kept secret?? Reality check, please? #20  
I would keep bugging Montana to get them to pay for a new engine. If there is only 33hrs and is only out of warrenty by a short time they should cover some if not all of it. You just got to keep on them and I would see about some kind of lemon law also.

Maybe some of the dealers on here can help you contact the right people.