T2320/TC45DA

/ T2320/TC45DA #11  
I'm not used to the type of power diesels produce so it may just be me......

say i'm mowing thick stuff or going up a long, steep grade in high gear.....and i'm running it pretty hard, we'll say, if it does start to bog, it does seem like it has trouble recovering........

however, on ATV's, hot rods, etc....i'm used to something having way more power than needed.......example: i was climbing a hill on my 700 raptor the other day (i've done quite a bit to it) and needed to slow down for certain parts of the climb....while my buddies' smaller bore bikes would bog and then they'd have to down shift, i would just slow down and then get right back in to it, knowing that i had way more power and responsiveness than i needed.....but, then again, my 390lb atv has about 5 more hp than my tractor, so it really isn't a fair comparison

with the tractor and i'd assume this is with all of them, if it starts to bog and you step on the throttle, it's usually too late and you need to turn off the pto or press in on the clutch....i guess it's a power to weight thing, tractors use gearing not raw torque or hp...

i don't know if this answered your question or not, heck the guy that had a JD 85hp turbo cabbed tractor bogged his down too on my property.....

honestly, though, pulling that large 88" flail mower takes some guts and i'm more than happy with what it will cut....it actually shocks me at times.....usually if it starts to bog, i just decrease my ground speed or press in on the clutch and let it regain it's momentum.......

now that i've just about got all the rough stuff done to my property, i'd trade mine in, in a heartbeat for a cabbed hydro.....

if you stick with any of the big ones; kubota, new holland, JD, etc...i don't think you can go wrong....then it comes down to what you are looking for; price, features, maybe style, support, etc.....

how much of a difference in price is there? .....i'm just curious

Flathead do you have any probs with the motor being slugish sence its a non turbo?? I really like the new holland seems to have alot of great features, but the non turbo does seem to worry but then again look at one of the most popular farm tractors in history a JD 4020 they were a great tractor, but they had 2 more cylinders and 55 more hp.

lonecowboy like i said in the PM it sounds like you got another lemon. I think im going to go right for a new T2320 and make payments on it. If i buy it.

/ T2320/TC45DA #12  
Thanks jinman Its kind of hard for me Ive always like JD,but I think the New Holland is a better buy with the cab myself even if the deere has a turbo I dont think it makes it better. Not trying to start a fight with Tractors,but im thinking the New Holland is a better buy.

I don't think any of us would fault you for making this decision. There is also the new technology coming for New Holland. They are supposed to release tractors with CVT transmissions later this year. I'm sure they will be priced at a premium, but it might be worth waiting to see if you are not pressed for time.

/ T2320/TC45DA #13  
i hope it doesn't get locked, i want to hear it all and decide for myself.....

Maybe a couple people will get to read this before it gets deleted, but I'll try.

I own a TC45DA cab. It's actually the 2nd one, because the first one was such a hunk of unreliable junk that NH bought it back.

This one hasn't been wonders either.

Plus's
It has great ergonomics
The loader is great, good vision and lifts a LOT more than the JD loader (neighbor has the 55hp JD 4xxx, lifts 150lbs less of fertilizer than my TC)
Nice turning radius, good vision, the HST is nice

Minus's
The electricals are simply bad on these tractors (TC). Don't believe me? do a search on TC's and fuses, there are 100's of posts, a couple every day. And when it fails, you are dead in the water.
I've had the entire roof off (which is a huge stupidly complicated job, don't ask), none of the wires have any grommet's, all the cab models are going to have even more serious electrical issues in a few years.
The cab is totally designed by committe in 3 days and slapped together. Simply not as well put together as a well designed cab from the getgo.
The motor is undersized for altitude. It's not a turbo, and at altitude (5000feet here), it's simply down too much power. At sea level this won't be a problem. Running the HST, the A/C and being down 20% for altitude kills it. Needs 5 more HP or a turbo.
The lift arm stabilizer bars are incredibly undersized. I've replaced mine twice and now just simply welded on some big bars and that seems to work. For something a much smaller MF1433 (33hp) had no issues with, ever and is way under rated capacity. (approx 1800lbs)

I still like NH and I love my TN, but the TC series has issues that simply should have been resolved by now. It's not a new model. I won't be buying another TC (whatever the new designation is) and don't recommend them to others.

/ T2320/TC45DA
Well i am leaning towards the loader plow even though it might take some time to get used to because i got a gravel drive, but you learn as you go.

Ive seen the CVT trans for the tractors isnt that like a hydro with gears??? like you put it in 1st and step on the gas and away you go and you can shift on the go. I think im going to stick with the Hydro myself.

The JD 4320 with loader and canopy is $30,000 and the T2320 with cab and loader is $32,500 I think thats a no brainer myself. Also i know the guy at the NH dealer real good so might me able to get it cheaper.

Last edited:
   / T2320/TC45DA #15  
There is a learning curve as I mentioned earlier but really only when plowing uneven surfaces. I think you'll be very happy with the loader mount plow. My main use for mine is my drive and parking lot for my business. Drive is 300' and parking lot is approx 250' x 300'. Only plowed it once so far this winter but cleared 4-5" of snow in no time. Now that the piles have melted I've probably only got two buckets of gravel total that was pushed to the end of the lot.

/ T2320/TC45DA
my drive is about 200ft long down hill and my 2 neighbors have a paved driveways so they should be a little better i was looking at curtis any comments on them?

7ft Loader Blade - Power Angle w/Skid Steer Adapter
Curtis plows

/ T2320/TC45DA #17  
I looked at the Curtis blades and looked well made. The only reason I went with the blade from QA was the foldable wings to turn it into a pusher. I needed a standard blade to windrow driveways but also needed a pusher for some storage units I do. The units are 200'+ long and no place to take the snow between the units but out. This is where the wings come in handy. I think the curtis would do you well. Maybe someone else can chime in who own one.

/ T2320/TC45DA
Thanks I want to go with something that is big enough to use around the house and the farm I also want to use it to clear the land for when i build my house so I think the T2320 is a good size machine for that also will mow with it sence it will be flat ground.

jk96 Thanks so much for the good info about the loader plow, I think i will go with curtis plow i dont really need wings for what im going to do.

Last edited:
   / T2320/TC45DA
well Ive been thinking and i think i will keep the plow for my truck, but Im going to look at the T2320 this weekend want to get a CAB,FEL,and Finish mower for now and a back blade down the line maybe.

/ T2320/TC45DA #20  
if you buy it, don't come back with out pics......especially action shots........

you're truly not one of us until you share pics of your machine doing something...;):D