ford 1700

/ ford 1700 #21  
Und de bottom.

Attachments

• 12-181112-Rtbottengine.jpg
    12-181112-Rtbottengine.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 187
   / ford 1700 #22  
Chris, you made me drive the Ford to get the sun "right" - what a nasty trick!

I included this so you could compare the dash area.

Attachments

• 12-181116-Wheel-dash.jpg
    12-181116-Wheel-dash.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 246
   / ford 1700 #23  
Kutter.jpg

(paint this Ford blue and replace the name sticker...)

<font color=blue>...you mention KingCutter a lot - do you like them?...</font color=blue>

/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif You would think I have stock in the company or something.../w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Lots and lots of value for the almighty dollar... Here's a good case where you actually get more than your moneys worth most of the time...

Kinda rare in today's world... /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

/ ford 1700 #24  
BTW, I rechecked your profile just for kicks - and noticed you had a big 1920. Here's a 2120 HSS I have been drooling over a bit at the same dealer where I was drooling over the Kubotas. I basically just drool a lot, I guess. It has the quick attach bucket on the Woods 1020 loader, with a second set of quick-connects up by the controls and a second smaller lever up next to the FEL control lever. It is very clean - 395 hrs. Priced at $18.5k, and has been there for a few months. It's a lot of tractor. Do you have any pics (haven't searched on your posts yet) of your 1920 - and maybe a little commentary on it - pro/con, or whatever?

Attachments

• 12-181123-UFE2120.jpg
    12-181123-UFE2120.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 228
   / ford 1700 #25  
Wow - that's it, pretty much exactly, except for minor details in the hitch area. So is KingCutter building them for L&S, or vice-versa? I assume you are saying L&S gets them from KC......

/ ford 1700 #26  
<font color=blue>KK specifies ~~300 ft.lbs... on mine I always had them about 500-600 ft.lbs.)</font color=blue>

Dare I scold a Star member? -- Congratulations by the way.

Please becareful overtorquing bolts. I would stick to the manufacturers recommendation, unless you are having a problem with it loostening. Either way, don't exceed the max recommended value for the fastener

I don't know what size the bolt in question is, but you can break any bolt with a big enough air wrench or cheater bar. There are plenty of places on the web to check the max torque for a particular bolt, grade 2, 5, 8 stainless & etc. Also found in many tractor & implement owners manuals.

Here's one I found <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.thelenchannel.com/1torque.html> Bolt torque chart </A>

PS, this may be a big honking bolt & you are well within the recommended values.

/ ford 1700 #27  
<font color=blue>...Either way, don't exceed the max recommended value for the fastener...</font color=blue>

Ah... ha... you thought you had me... /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

I'll look up the max "torque" on the blade bolts later... believe it's somewhere around 1000-1200 ft. lbs. or greater .../w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ ford 1700
Thanks for the many photos, they have been a great help.

The only differences I have noticed, is the alternator is slightly different.. but then... I've changed out alternators on tractors with non oems before too.

The other difference is the valve cover. ( head and block are identical ) The valve cover on the one I'm looking at is kinda rounded ( looking something like the top of a milk jug, with the fill cap centered. Non oem replacement? This might be the evidence that this is a ford look alike or a similar production run from someone like shibarua <sp?>

Again, thanks for the work on the photos!

Soundguy

/ ford 1700
The 1920 and the 2120 are almost identical to look at. I love my 1920, good and strong. I lucked up on mine while at the dealer to buy a new tc18.. wasn't reallt big enough for what I wanted.. but I had a budget of 10k. So while I'm looking, I see this 1920 parked behind it. Turns out, it was gone over, and had an engine rebuild there at the dealer. Had 2 hours on the engine, and 720 on the meter. The had it for 9500. I got them to put a sun shade on it and make it a deal. I am very happy with it. I do a bit of boxblading, pasture dragging, move some dirt with the rear scoop, and move round bales with the 3pt bale spear... some seed/fertalize and mowing and discing.

Good and strong.. nice weight too.. 3300 or so. Mine is the 4x12 gear tranny, which I happen to like... I don't really prefer hst.
As for cons... I guess it needs a rear work light.

While I don't have any remotes or other hyd. taps, it does come standard with the hyd manifold on the lower right side to make hyd connections too... that is standard on most of the nh stuff I think though.

Since you took the time to get me some pictures, When I go bush hogging this afternoon, I'll try to remember to take the digital camera with me.

Soundguy