Comparison TC3050 series verses TC4055 series

/ TC3050 series verses TC4055 series #1  

dapper

Gold Member
Tractor
NH TN-65, Ford/NH 3430, Ford/NH 3930, Kubota zd21
Have been looking at the new boomers, and have a question or two for you guys.
I have been looking at the TC3040 thru TC3050 and like what i see. Any of the three would probably suite my needs. Size wise, i believe they are all the same frame size. Now my question is: if I go up to the TC4055 or 4060, how much does this change the frame size? I can't seem to find anyone who has all the tractors in one place to try. The TC30xx series would definitely fit my needs, but I am curious of the differences in the 40xx series.
Next question, Looking at the Boomer 8N rear end, it is definitely different than the rear end of the TC 3045. Much heavier casting all the way to the wheel mount. Much like the castings of the heaver TN utility series tractors. I REALLY like this set up, and wondered what BLUE tractor in the TC size has the same rear end set up? I do not believe the TC3050 does, but may be wrong. I have heard that there is a blue 8N, but does anyone know the NH number. If the 8N is 50hp, it would make sense that the blue version would be either the TC3050, or the TC4055, correct?
Last question, (for now) :) In reading thru the threads on these tractors, I ran across 1 post that said that not all TC's have DRAFT control. I had assumed that draft control would be stndard on all NH of this 50 hp size, but is this not true? Is this an option i do not see in the brochure? Anyone know which models it may be available on?
Thanks for your help.

/ TC3050 series verses TC4055 series #2  
I can help you with a couple of your questions. As far as I know the 8N is basically a 3050, so the rear cases 'should' be the same. They have a kit for the depth control on the up thru 3045. I do not know much about frame sizes, I have been looking at 3045's and also a 16 speed 40xx. Not much to look at with the dealers around here. Since Fiat put the screws to New Holland to get enough moola to buy into Chrysler, the dealers lots have been very thined out. Me, I am still stuck between a 3045/hydro/cab/loader/snowblower or a 4030/16spd/cab/loader/erskine blower.

/ TC3050 series verses TC4055 series
Jerry,
Thanks for the reply. Sounds like your in the same boat I am in. Been looking at new, but there are few and far between around here to look/compare on lots. Few if any TC, and Most Hydro. Not what I am looking for.
I can not find a 3050 to check out to compare to the 8N, but as you say this is the marketed "Blue" 8N I believe. Just want to take a good look at the Rear end of the 3050, could make a difference to me in which one I am interested in. Can you tell me more about the "KIT" for Depth control? did you mean on models thru the 3045 tractor? Nothing larger?
How do the 3045, and the 40XX compare in size side by side? I would love to see them that way, but as you say, few and far between. I am afraid that the 40XX frame is the same as the TN 60-75, and this frame is larger than a am looking for (as I have a TN65, I want smaller) but not willing to give up HP. By the way you have thrown me, what is the 4030? I thought the 40XX series was only 4055, and 4060. Now you give me more numbers?????? :confused: :confused2:

/ TC3050 series verses TC4055 series #4  
Howdy,

All I know about the kit is that it is mentioned in the Boomer Attachment brocure that you can get at the dealer. I believe the larger tractors come with draft control as standard, but you can check on the New Holland site or the dealer. The 'current' [this weeks] New Holland numbering scheme has the 45hp as the 3045, then the 3050, and the 55 hp you are thinking about as the 3055, with the 3060 at the top of the Boomer line with 60hp.
I need a hydro or the 16 speed for blowing snow. The 16 speed xmissions have several ranges under 1 mph, which the 12 speeds do not. That is why I am interested in the 40xx series...which are the 4020,4030,and I think the 4040 and mayber 4050 or 4060...can't remember. The cab'd 3045 and the cab'd 40xx both are about the same height, but the 40xx has a lot bigger tires and weighs about a ton more. I currently run a JD 2240 that weighs in about 5100 pounds as it sets, and sometimes I wish it was twice as heavy. Big tires and weight do the work if you are trying to pull.... HP just spins the tires on a too little for the task tractor... You should go to the New Holland site and download the brocures for each series in the .pdf format and looksee...

/ TC3050 series verses TC4055 series #5  
Whoooo Jerry,

Whoooo Jerry,
Now you have confused me :confused2:....(easly done) :p
4020 4030 4040???? My brochure shows the 4055, and 4060 only. Also shows them with the 12/12 tranny only. Am I missing something? Calls them Utility boomers 4055, 4060. Dealer says they are same as the old tc48, and tc55. Couldn't find them on NH website either. Where did you go?
Know what you mean about the Weight issue, I run a TN65, and with a load in the bucket I NEED attachment on rear even with Cal in tires. Not sure I like the wide tires on the boomers. They look good, but sometimes a narrower tire will get down and dig, and not float on the top. anyone have an openion on the 14.9x28 ags on the boomers?

/ TC3050 series verses TC4055 series #8  
Sorry, this week New Holland does call them the 4055 and 4060 on their web site... now I am confused. I have been looking at the 4000 series tractors, which are a size bigger, and run 4020,4030,4040, and 4050.... and have 16.9x28 rear tires and 16 speed trans. The smallest is 64 engine/50pto hp. We must be in between another number change.... So, I am confused, too...

Here is a link to your Boomer type 55 and 60 engine hp tractors..

Compact-Tractors-and-Commercial-Mowers New Holland Boomer-Utility - Models, technical data and characteristics

and a link the the 40xx series, which I just noticed has a 'T' in front of it, which means the series is the T40xx instead of just the 40xx series you are looking at... [ geez ]..

Agricultural-Tractors New Holland T4000 - Models, technical data and characteristics 50-80 PTO HP

Again, sorry to feed you all the wrong information.... I will set in the corner the rest of the day and sulk..... Maybe it is alzimers....or just old geezer desease...

Last edited:
   / TC3050 series verses TC4055 series #9  
I have a TC55DA it has draft controll factory installed . As best i can rememeber the 4055 lost this option from the factory . You can check with the dealer or on the tractor it self. As far as the frame size i notice the TC 40
same as the 3040 is somewhat shorter than the 55 easy to load on a short trailer . There is a notable differance in the weight of the two tractors .And the 55 has more power and more steel . I traded up from the TC 40d to the 55 . I cant say i made the best choice to trade . There are times i miss the 40 when in tight spots grading around a house . But over all the 55 fits all of my needs. The 12x12 ehhs transmission is as nice of option as the hydro, both have there uses . The choice is what are you going to be doing with the tractor .

Jerry,
Thanks for clearing that up. now we are on the same page. I have been looking at the TC series from 40 hp to 60 hp. Checking pros and cons of each.
I checked out the T40XX tractors, and the T4020 is pretty much the same tractor as the TN65 that I have now. 4020 is 4 cylinder 65 hp, and TN65 is 3 cylinder 65hp. Pretty much the same other wise from what I can see.
I love my TN65, and will hang on to it for a while, but I am looking for something just a tad smaller. My TN is a loader machine, and I use it for all of my big chores. Only complaint I have (2 really) is that even with loaded tires it is way light in the a** end. usually have to keep an implement on if i know I am going to be doing any serious loader work. Would seriously consider rear wheel weights if I had known. Second issue I would like to change: I would prefer the 16 speed tranny. 12 is sometimes not enough. (picky picky picky) :laughing: The T40XX series are considered a "UTILITY" tractor I believe and this is what sold me on my TN originally. It is built WAY heaver that the TC series. I love my TN, and many on here feel same. all round good tractor, IMHO. Only reason I am looking at the TC series now is I would sometimes like to have something a little more nimble. Easter to get in and out of my tight (read FULL) barn, and to use as a back up with 7ft finish mower.
My original question concerned the rear end of the Boomer 8N verses the TC 30XX series, and I have been told that the TC3050 is basically the same tractor only in blue. Can anyone out there verify that the 8N and the 3050 have the same rear end castings?
Full Pull: Thanks for info. I have a question to my dealer about the Draft control, but have not heard back yet. What year is you 55? Any idea when and why they dropped this option? As for the 40 versus the 55, I am with you. I have been looking at all units in the TC series in this line, and I believe the TC 48, and the TC 55 share the same frame and are one step up from the TC40 & 45 frame. But that is just from my looking. The 48 seems to be a rare tractor around here. As you said sometimes you don't want to be bigger, just more maneuverable. At this point the 12x12 trany is my choice. I will be doing ground work, and want to avoid hydro, although I can see advantages. Just not for this tractor.
It sure would be nice to find all of these tractors in ONE place and do a stare compare of each. Unfortunately that doesn't seem possible around here. How about where you all live?