New Holland TC35D and Case DX35 The Same???

/ New Holland TC35D and Case DX35 The Same??? #11  
Thanks, Mark. I knew someone would correct me if I was wrong...and I was. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ New Holland TC35D and Case DX35 The Same???
Hey guys - thanks for all of your posts. I have a lot more information now to ponder on. I too think the deal on this Case is a good one! I don't know much about New Holland's and even know less about the Case. I feel a little more warm and fuzzy now should I decide to pursue this deal. Someone mentioned in a previous post about the FEL - and the answer is yes, the Case 160 FEL has the same specs as the NH 16LA FEL. Like the rest of the package - it's just a different color.

Since my initial post, I've been reading other discussions trying to smarten up on the NH TC35D. It appears most everything is positive, the only concerns that I can recall at the moment that I read from those familiar with that tractor was the cumbersome brake steering capability with the current pedal arrangements and the lack of QA both on the assembly line and during dealer prep. I recall several owners mentioning finding loose bolts, clamps, etc after delivery of their tractor. I can easily overcome both of these concerns.

My salesman on the Case had to quickly leave town due to his mother being seriously ill but hopefully will be back in town sometime next week. We should be meeting again and may pull off a deal!

Thanks again for all the info you've provided.

/ New Holland TC35D and Case DX35 The Same??? #13  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( cumbersome brake steering capability with the current pedal arrangements )</font>
Cross this one off your list - it is the 33 down that has the HST and brake pedals on the same side. 35 and up has HST pedals on the right and split brakes on the left. Differential braking = no problems.
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( loose bolts, clamps, etc )</font>
I found one, but if you go back far enough in every brand, you will find reports of loose nut and bolts.
Mark

/ New Holland TC35D and Case DX35 The Same??? #14  
Yesterday, I saw someone mowing with a Case Class III "Boomer". It's the first one I've seen and he was too far away to see if it was a 35, 40, or 45. He sure looked happy though. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ New Holland TC35D and Case DX35 The Same??? #15  
<font color="blue">... he was too far away to see ...He sure looked happy though. ... </font>

Jim, he must of had a real BIG SMILE then... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ New Holland TC35D and Case DX35 The Same??? #16  
Did he have an air-conditioned cab? With yesterday being our first official triple digit temperature, I don't just how happy a fellow could be out in the sun on a tractor without air-conditioning. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ New Holland TC35D and Case DX35 The Same??? #17  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( he must of had a real BIG SMILE then... )</font>

Naw...couldn't see if he was smiling. But, he was pulling a rotary cutter at a "fine" clip and looking over that sloped hood to make sure he wasn't gonna' run over any surprises. Now thats the definition of a happy man. ...don't always come with a smile. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

MNinAR:

<font color="blue"> I accompanied a buddy of mine down to a local Case/IH dealer so he could order a part
for his older Farmall row cropper. </font>

While NH and Case/IH are both owned by Fiat (for now) what you said sure ought to tell you something.

JEH

/ New Holland TC35D and Case DX35 The Same??? #19  
The reason the hitch capacity is less than a DX40/TC40 is the hydraulic relief valve is set lower on the 35s. We have both a D35 and DX45 in our family and hitch capacity is a non issue on either one, even with heavy preseeders, firewood carriers and 6' rotary cutters. I ran my DX45 yesterday up and down some extremely steep pond banks that grew too tall to cut with normal mowers. One really nice feature of this tractor is the powershift transmission. The hills were such that I ran in low range high powershift, but when climbing the steep parts, could powershift it down, then back up to have good speed for the less crazy areas. This is also useful for the loader as the powershift buttons are located in the loader joystick in addition to being in the console.

A couple of other areas you would appreciate for your application is the visibility of the curved boom loader, 9.8 gpm hydraulics for the loader and remotes, 29.1 hp at the PTO, which is quite efficent for a hydro, swivel seat with suspension, and a telescoping steering column. Just some seat of the pants observations. Hope you enjoy whatever tractor you get!

Thanks Magnum - alot of good info you provided. I haven't yet read or heard anything bad about the Case DX35 and now am leaning towards purchasing this tractor instead of the Kubota L3130 I was looking at. Both are good tractors but the bottom line is more for the same amount of money in terms of capability!

The only additional item I still have to confirm with my salesman is the weight of the Case LA160 loader. The literature I received states the loader can lift 1800 lbs. but also states it weighs 440 lbs. I'm convinced there must be some mistake or misprint - I can't believe that loader only weighs 440 lbs. The comparable loader in the New Holland line, 16LA, weighs 1100 lbs. with a 1800 lb. lift capacity. I'll get that checked out later this week when my salesman returns to town.

Thanks again for the good info.