TN75S with cab and backhoe?

/ TN75S with cab and backhoe? #1  

mikeslavis

Hi all,

I started a post on the Kubota list because I was looking for the smallest tractor I could get away with that had a cab on it, and the Kubota L3710HSTC looked to be it. However, after heeding the advice of the kind folks there, I've upped the tractor ante, and due to New Holland's 0.0%/3 years - 1.9%/4 years - 2.9%/5 years (plus a great local dealer), I've signed papers on a TN75S/3 remotes/4wd. Now here's my first New Holland question (and I don't even HAVE the tractor yet)...

The Kubota guys said that you can't run a backhoe on the Kubota cab tractors. Can you run a backhoe on the cab TN75S? I figured even if you can't, the Kubotas don't offer an advantage on this point anyway, but I *would* still like to know. Thanks!

Mike Slavis
mike@slavis.com

/ TN75S with cab and backhoe? #2  
If you were looking for the smallest tractor with a cab why did you get a TN 75S, It is a large tractor and NH has the F series and V series Most grape farmers here run TN 75F's because of how narrow and low they are. Just curious. As for the backhoe I wouldn't know but I do not think there is enough clearance with the rear of the cab, best bet is to ask your dealer. Good luck with your new tractor.

<font color=blue>Robert Turk Jr.</font color=blue>
<font color=blue>Whitetail Splendor Deer Farms</font color=blue>
<font color=blue>Silver Creek, NY</font color=blue>

/ TN75S with cab and backhoe?
Robert, there are a couple reasons we went with the TN75S.

1. I came to the realization that we'd be best served by a utility tractor, and with all the work we've got to do on the property I didn't think a narrow tractor would be the best choice. We have several acres of woods (and potentially more in the future) and I wouldn't trust the stability of a narrow tractor on this type of terrain. Believe me, I did think about the narrow tractors, and know that for some of our application they'd be the best choice, but not all around.

2. My local New Holland dealer said he could get me a TN75S in less than a week and didn't know how long an F or V would take to get in. We're trying to get in on the 0.0% APR financing being offered right now thorough mid-November. He gave us such a good deal on the TN75S, we just went with it.

I asked him about the backhoe, and he said it shouldn't be a problem but didn't have first-hand experience with putting one on a TN-series Supersteer cab. Just wanted to see if someone here was running this setup and could definitely confirm.

When I said "smallest" I should have been more specific and said "cheapest" qualified with "all-around" tractor.

Thanks!

Mike Slavis
mike@slavis.com

/ TN75S with cab and backhoe? #4  
That makes a lot of sense, the TN's are nice tractors. You might want to check and make sure all your bolts are tight on the tractor when you get it, I lost all the hydraulic fluid out of my 65 while chopping because a bolt fell out that holds the rod that holds the lift arms to the case. Had a few other bolts loosen up but started checking and now I don't have any more loose bolts. NH fixed any problems I did have anyways but thought I would let you know. Good luck and thanks for explaining your reason to me.

<font color=blue>Robert Turk Jr.</font color=blue>
<font color=blue>Whitetail Splendor Deer Farms</font color=blue>
<font color=blue>Silver Creek, NY</font color=blue>

/ TN75S with cab and backhoe? #5  
Mike,

I hope you enjoy your new tractor.

I am leaning toward a 4WD TN75D.
May I ask how much your unit costs, and how much the supersteer option adds?

Fred

Robert, thanks, I'll make sure everything is snugged down. I'm planning on a "session" to familiarize myself with the tractor, and will locate bolt locations, grease locations, filters, etc... so I know what to do when the time comes for maintenance as well.

Fred, my dealer asked me not to give out the specific price he gave me out to anyone, but I knew going in what would be a good price based on the information available from the Minnesota DOT web site that lists the New Holland pages with 2000 pricing information. It's a year old, but gives you a good idea of what's what. Basically, I found that the list price is approximately a 24% markup over dealer cost. Here are the specific examples I knew going in for my tractor

TN75S (Supersteer) with cab
8x8 Synchro electrohydraulic powershuttle
2 Rear remotes, joystick controlled: List: $43,575.00 Dealer: $33,117.00
Tires: 11.2x24,6 PR (R1) / 16.9x30,6 PR (R1): List: $2,261.00 Dealer: $1,718.00
Transmission: 16x16 upgrade: List: $545.00 Dealer: $414.00
Hydraulics upgrade (3rd remote): List: $503.00 Dealer: $382.00

Total List: $46,884 Dealer: $35,631. Let's just say that my price was a lot closer to the dealer cost than the list.

From the same literature, an equally-equipped tractor without SuperSteer would cost Total List: $45,524 Dealer: $34,597

This means that there's somewhere between $1,100 and $1,300 difference for adding SuperSteer. In my case, I definitely went SuperSteer because the dealer told me he could get one much quicker (plus I was figuring on most likely getting it anyway). Besides, what's another $1,100 on a tractor this big anyway! :)

Mike Slavis
mike@slavis.com

/ TN75S with cab and backhoe? #7  
Great deals must be a characteristic of dealers named Fred. My dealer Fred (from a town north of E.C., WI) cut me a great deal too. Could there be more than one?

/ TN75S with cab and backhoe? #8  
Yeah but what the dealer did not tell you is that he has an 18% settlement allowance right now from New Holland so take that 34597.00 and subtract 18% and then take another 4% for prepaid volume and add 450.00 back into this for his incomming freight cost you can see this comes out to 27685.00 so the dealer still made his fair share on you even if he did sell it too you for around cost. my calculations put his profit at $6912.00

rickyl25, what is a settlement allowance? Is this additional incentive to sell off tractors? And how often does New Holland offer this incentive to dealers?

Mike Slavis
mike@slavis.com

/ TN75S with cab and backhoe? #10  
its just as it sounds its an allowance from new holland when the tractor is settled for, or a better word may be incentive they change from month to month depending on how tractors are selling