TC33D wont start

/ TC33D wont start #31  
Wow, glad you found the problem. Yep sometimes it's the really simple things, but it sure was faking you out by you still being able to measure 12 volts.

/ TC33D wont start #32  
sherpa said:
Man what a feeling to hear that engine come to life!

Happy Independence Day!
Sherpa

Let me add my congratulations.:) How appropriate that you found that problem on Independence Day and you did it by yourself. . . even if you did have a lot of your TBN friends pulling for you.

We had a great 4th also.:D :D :D

/ TC33D wont start
Yes, it was a hard to find problem and it gave me a fit but I sure learn a lot.

I learn how to take a tractor apart, I think someone called them cowls?

I learn how to take the starter switch apart and test it.

I learn how to test a starter.

I learn that the little purple wire on the back of the starter is what makes the starter engage and start the engine.

I learn how to remove a starter and put it back, that was easy.

I learn how to test a glow plug timer.

You guys are awesome! You sure know your way around tractors.
Thanks to all again,
sherpa

/ TC33D wont start #34  
One more thing, EVERY time I replace cables, a battery, or clean ground connections I use an anti-oxidation compund that I bought in an electrical supply house. It is made to put alum and copper together (in lugs). Corrosion problems have been a not so fond memory.

/ TC33D wont start #35  
Just wanted to say thanks. I stopped to fuel up yesterday morning and then it would not start. Read through the posts and the symptoms were the same for my TC33. Ran out and purchased two new cables, installed them and problem solved thanks to all your work.

/ TC33D wont start
How about that! I am glad you didnt have to go through 3 days of work trying to find the problem.
sherpa

/ TC33D wont start #37  
Wow! This story is remarkable! I'm reading this thread because this morning my tc 35 developed the EXACT SAME symptoms!!! Came to my TC buddies for advice. Was working fine drag harrowing a field, then shut it off to get out of the field gate. Tried to start it and it acted EXACTLY the same way yours did Sherpa! Same symptoms, same buzzing, same voltage drop.....hmmmm. I am going to investigate both of my cables tomorrow first thing and see what happens. Curiously my 35 is also 4 years old, but with 1300 hours on it. I'll be back to post the results and if no luck, seek the advise of those of you here wiser and more experienced than me. Sherpa, thanks for the post, and thanks to everyone who replied. This is consistently the best place to get reliable, level headed counsel.

/ TC33D wont start #38  
jedjoe said:
Wow! This story is remarkable! I'm reading this thread because this morning my tc 35 developed the EXACT SAME symptoms!!!

On your 35, be sure to look to see if the PTO light is illuminated when the PTO lever is off. If so, you have to replace fuse #2 also. Good luck troubleshooting your problem.

/ TC33D wont start #39  
Thanks, Jim. I'll check that as well and let you guys know the progress.

/ TC33D wont start #40  
haven't looked at #2 fuse yet, but saw it yesterday. Is that the one under the instrument cluster in the 2nd slot from the left? If memory serves me, it was larger than the others with a metallic sheath (rather than the clear plastic). Is that the one you mean?