TC33D wont start

/ TC33D wont start #52  
Steve,
Does this issue apply to other models such as T1110 as well? Mine is still new and so far not one issue....

Cheers

/ TC33D wont start #53  
I've not seen complaints about the T1110 on this subject.

The original circuit (that triggers the starter solenoid) was drawing a lot of power causing a slower than optimal cranking speed and sometimes blowing the fuse. This mod fixes that, but the circuit breaker approach does not. That's why this is a better fix.

/ TC33D wont start #54  
I see another note about a TC33 not starting. If you see the PTO light illuminated on the right side of the dash, be sure to check the connections under the left side of the tractor. When you brush cut or go over small trees you may pull the connectors apart or even ripp the wires. It would be nice if NH would add a guard over them. They should realize we use these small tractors pretty hard.

/ TC33D wont start #55  
Just another note on the Relay fix. Mine has worked very well since adding the Relay. I did have to replace the key switch as well. The tractor's electrical system will handle the low voltage for a while before failing completly. Take the time to pull the key switch out and check the terminals for discoloration. Its pretty easy. If a new Holland dealer has parts on hand its pretty sure sometime in the future you will need that part. They don't stock parts they won't sell. A parts house guy told me once, before you buy a used car come and ask me what parts I carry for that model! It gives some insite as to potential problems, big or small.:thumbsup:

/ TC33D wont start #56  
It really seems like NH would do the wiring upgrade on their dime.

/ TC33D wont start #57  
did this mod in august and started everytime since, no more sitting there wondering when it was going to crankover! Thanks much, alot of info on this forum, NH engineers should read it and they would build the perfect tractor!

/ TC33D wont start #58  
Just another note on the Relay fix. Mine has worked very well since adding the Relay. I did have to replace the key switch as well. The tractor's electrical system will handle the low voltage for a while before failing completly. :

I would think that would be the case. That is why this relay addition sounds like somewhat of a bandaid. The relay, just like the starter solenoid may eventually not engage for the same reasons. Could be that if the key switch was replaced from the beginning, the relay might not have even been necessary. Electrically speaking, a relay and solenoid are equivalent. In this case, the solenoid probably draws more current, so the resulting low voltage has an effect sooner, but as you note, can have just the same problems over time.

/ TC33D wont start #59  
djradz - the reason the modification is an improvement over the original design is it allows you to send power to the solenoid via only one switch (the added relay), rather than a large number of switches in series (the safety interlock switches). Moreover it takes much less voltage and current to close a relay than the starter solenoid. It turns out that many machines with lots of safety switches are in fact designed this way to begin with. It's how these tractors should have been built.

/ TC33D wont start #60  
if you believe it's your glow plugs causing the problem couldn't you just pull the glow plug relay out and eliminate them from the system?

I will try it. I will also try wiggling some wires around.

sherpa

Mine is a 2004 also and did this same (well similar) thing today for the first time after 6 or 7 years of trouble free operation, I started it up in the barn and ran down the road for about 5 minutes box blading, I had a stick stuck on the front end loader bucket and accidentally stalled the machine by backing up with the bucket down and too high of a gear, that's when the engine would not turn over and just a slight buzzing squealing sound from around the key switch area. But...when I started the tractor by pulling it, I noticed the glow plug light stayed on the whole ride back to the house (5 minutes) and it definitely dimmed when the rpm's dropped. I'm guess g my glow plug timer is bad and killed the battery in 5 minutes?