CLEVIS Question

/ CLEVIS Question #11  
Did it come with #15? Mine both did.

Andy

/ CLEVIS Question #13  
What's #10 for anyway ?

Is it not for safety chains to run through?

On the clevis, a few tractors come with a draw bar made sort of like that rather than straight. The ones I can think of with those sit higher than average height.

/ CLEVIS Question #14  
what is #10 for?

That clevis option would be perfect for the guy on another thread that wanted to haul a pintle ring equipped tow behind chipper.

Most wagons have the clevis on the tow bar, it's a nice option but looks like it would get in the way for some tasks.

JB.

/ CLEVIS Question #15  
The part No. 11 is called a "hammer strap" on tractor drawbars. It is typically standard equipment on large agricultural tractors. It is not a "clevis."

JackIL

/ CLEVIS Question
Hey Jackil,

Just using the wording that NH used on their website. I have the #10. We'll I'll be making one, I like having the upper portion to run a pin through to hook up chains and drags.

/ CLEVIS Question #18  
I'm still confused, you mean one of these ?

shackleCM.jpg

Willl here showed you what I'll bet most people here use to attach chains, straps, drags etc...to their drawbar.

/ CLEVIS Question #19  
I guess when you put the hammerstrap on it creates a clevis shaped configuration, just like the shackle in rdln's picture above, we use to call them clevis rings, or hooks or pins, something like that.

Looks like the hammerstrap equipped draw bar would provide close to the same attachment options as the clevis shackle, with less parts to loose, could pretty much drop any old bolt or pin in there, and still have a very solid anchor point.

Did anyone figure out what #10 was? or is it just for a safety chain as was mentioned.

JB.

/ CLEVIS Question
Hey JB4310,

That is for safety chains, I like the upper part better for pulling equipment, I have that setup on my 1066 and I like that you have an upper and lower section taking the weight of the pin not just one pin going through a hitch that can twist in the hole.

I dealer had an open house yesterday and I walked around all the new tractors and none of them had the upper part mounted on the hitch. I'll just get one made up it will be cheaper than the $100 NH wants.